data-csrf="1714605375,d1b65a39dfcfa0ddb209789060f48a33" Stick. | As Real As It Gets

Stick.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Nope,don't pull it,until morning.

Trim away whatever is above the stock line and give her a good night's sleep..............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The WHOLE purpose of bedding,is to replicate and exact cast of your receiver,inside your stock.

No point trying to fuck that up,when all you need do is release shit and let her dry to perfection................

Parish

Nov 18, 2007
Luhweezy-ana
Not sure how steelbed compares to JB Weld, but you can pull the action after 7-8hrs with JB and things are just shy of hard. Allows you to trim excess with firm pressure and a sharp hobby knife.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
JB doesn't begin to compare to SteelBed. It's horrid under recoil implulse,amongst other shortcomings.............

Parish

Nov 18, 2007
Luhweezy-ana
Don't hold back guys, tell me how you really feel. (grin)

For real though, I've had a few bedded with that compound and had no problems, but I'm always learning. Does Steelbed settle gradually? Some stuff will seek out the lowest spot and leave voids along your barrel channel if you initially scrape it flush with the stock's top line. How long can Steelbed set up and still allow you to trim excess in that area with a blade?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
If you have voids,you are bedding backwards.

Fill the low spots and the excess material will flow outwards,under control,less lesions.....................

Parish

Nov 18, 2007
Luhweezy-ana
The voids I was getting were actually just little sunken depressions in the cured compound along the barrel edge. I fill my inlet well and have a fair amount of over-flow, but I made the mistake of scraping the sides of the channel flush instead of leaving the bead a bit proud. After it set-up overnight, it had settled just a bit and produced those depressions. It may be due to the nature of the compound, so that's why I was asking about the trimming regarding the Steelbed.