data-csrf="1713526501,05fccafda2900209cbc2e490ec2a1e61" Surprise! | As Real As It Gets

Surprise!

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
I mentioned a small 9mm to my wife last time I was off and didn't say much else.
She comes home from work Friday with a black box and says, look what I got!
I opened it and picked it up and the first words out of her mouth was, Where are you going with MY pistol!...........

TWR

Feb 27, 2009
Oklahoma
I shot an older all steel Kahr a few months ago and almost bought a PM9 but wound up with a S&W Shield due to the full size M&P that I have. But the Kahr was pretty impressive.

Wader

Feb 11, 2008
SW Washington
I've a couple Kahrs right now (handguns come and go with me) and I like them very much. It's a lot of gun for your money--especially the CW9 for under $400.

Lawdwaz

Nov 25, 2008
I had a Kahr CW9 until a couple months ago. I handled a S&W 9mm Shield and it felt a bit better in hand and the quality struck me as higher. Sold the Kahr and found a Shield locally.

I've got probably 200 rounds down the tube of the Shield since and it hasn't burped yet and really shoots good.

No flies on the Kahr, just liked the S&W more.

TWR

Feb 27, 2009
Oklahoma
Don't know about better quality, I had to send mine back for misfires. Got it back this week, paper said barrel mod, new striker assy and recoil spring. But I still like it and S&W sent a call tag so it didn't cost me anything but two weeks.

Lawdwaz

Nov 25, 2008
TWR said:
Don't know about better quality, I had to send mine back for misfires. Got it back this week, paper said barrel mod, new striker assy and recoil spring. But I still like it and S&W sent a call tag so it didn't cost me anything but two weeks.
When did you originally buy it? How many rounds down the tube?

TWR

Feb 27, 2009
Oklahoma
Bought it in March or last of Febuary, it was new production as it just came in that morning. I ran 100 or so rounds through it and had 4 misfires but the misfires would fire in my full size M&P or when retried in the shield. Polished the chamber and looked for any burrs but could see nothing. The next hundred rounds had about as many misfires so I called S&W and they sent a call tag. They let this one get by but sure stood behind it, even slipped me an extry magazine when they returned it.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I carry that Kahr daily. It replaced the S&W Bodyguard 380 as my "drop in the pocket" daily carry.

Chris

tnv

Dec 25, 2007
TN
How are you liking this? I'm in the market for one.

raghornjp said:
I mentioned a small 9mm to my wife last time I was off and didn't say much else.
She comes home from work Friday with a black box and says, look what I got!
I opened it and picked it up and the first words out of her mouth was, Where are you going with MY pistol!...........

Wader

Feb 11, 2008
SW Washington
Right now my daily carry to the office gun is a Kahr PM9 (I don't think it's worth the extra money over the CM9, but I got a deal on this one). I like it. I have Trijicon night sights on it. The trigger is better than average for a factory auto loader DAO. I carry it with the 6 round mag in it and a 7 round grip extension mag in my pocket.

I'm as accurate with it as I am any other sub-compact. Recoil is about what you'd expect. Disassembly and reassembly are intuitive and relatively painless. It feeds/functions fine. It has trouble feeding the first round of hollow point ammo off the the top of the magazine. I often have to tap the mag to get it to chamber, but it's never once hung up on me while shooting.

It also scratches the case of the first round out of the mag. When loading for daily carry, I chamber a round out of the mag, pull the mag, add one round, insert the mag. After a few time loading/unloading, that first round's brass is kind of scarred. It doesn't matter much to me, but it might to some, so I thought I'd mention it.

LSU fan

Sep 20, 2013
Baton Rouge, LA
I carry a CM9 daily and am pretty happy with it. Been dead nuts reliable, conceals easy under just a t shirt, and in a small kydex IWB holster is very comfortable.

Hooker

Dec 3, 2007
Nez Perce County
Glad everyone seems to be happy with their Kahr.

Couldn't get rid of mine quick enough.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8788718/1

Customer Service was good though..

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8841196/Kahr_CS_update#Post8841196

I sold the kahr after I put another 20 rounds to a buddy that knew its history and was begging me to sell it to him. The Kahr was very accurate though..

Took the $300 I sold the Kahr for and bought one of these and I am lovin it! So far 350 rounds of flawless function.

http://www.sccy.com/products/cpx-2-cb-9mm