data-csrf="1714076163,fbe4972a48d579afabfa7e3ba3042141" SWFA Fixed Fuckers Redeux............. | As Real As It Gets

SWFA Fixed Fuckers Redeux.............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Have heard of 'em,but am afeared of losing the extreme versatility of a Variable. Nabbed a SampleList 5-20x Illuminated MQ minutes ago.

Talk to me about Fixed glass.

Obliged.............

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I have heard they work. Still rocking the 6X on the FWB, but should probably send it back and have it refilled with something other than the random atmosphere it filled with when I took the turret off.

Got a 6x still unbroken on the Barret Creed, but it only has 25 rounds under it. The 10x on the 12lb 22lr seems to be doing well, but it never gets shot anyway.

The 3-9 is a bit trimmer, and I could like the turrets better. And it has only broken in a minor way so far, but it hasn't been mounted on a rifle yet either. If you can count that as a win, I'm 1 for 2 on SWFA variables and 2 for 3 on fixed fuckers. If I shot as much as you I'd be sending pallets of broken shit to Texas weekly. Hard for me to get too giddy given the track record I've had.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I have heard they work. Still rocking the 6X on the FWB, but should probably send it back and have it refilled with something other than the random atmosphere it filled with when I took the turret off.

Got a 6x still unbroken on the Barret Creed, but it only has 25 rounds under it. The 10x on the 12lb 22lr seems to be doing well, but it never gets shot anyway.

The 3-9 is a bit trimmer, and I could like the turrets better. And it has only broken in a minor way so far, but it hasn't been mounted on a rifle yet either. If you can count that as a win, I'm 1 for 2 on SWFA variables and 2 for 3 on fixed fuckers. If I shot as much as you I'd be sending pallets of broken shit to Texas weekly. Hard for me to get too giddy given the track record I've had.

Pard had a Illuminatti Puke last time home and I gave him a spare one of mine,to get him by...while awaiting replacement. You could focus the object,or the crosshairs,but not both. Made neat sounds when shaken.(grin) It had been aboard a Peezer 18" Rifle Gas Krunchenticker and prolly wasn't babied.

My LRHSi 4-18x was a POS outta da' box,but others love 'em. They sent me a LTRSi replacement,which I muchly prefer,due the reticle difference. I've broken LOTS of scopes...but as of yet,can only bruise a Fixed Fucker. LeeLou yammed an ele turret on one of them,which caused the indicator to bust loose. Buck Fucker went full rape on another and yarded the fucking ele turret off and as a lark,I've been flogging on it since,less an issue(whether mechanical or fogtiude). The Piece ran over his own rifle,with a 4-wheeler,after a sling broke and it never missed a lick,though the ele turret had a bent stem and wobbled DOPE in/out(pretty funny actually).

Personally,I've only tossed 'em,kicked 'em,soaked 'em and shot THE fuck outta them and with nary an issue. I'm largely done with Boomers,so cain't speak to Ungodly recoil magnitude,which I was more than fluent upon. Am happy to to shoot,less,so as to reap more,but gun 'em on a goodly smattering of diversified platforms,which more than encompasses all actuations.

In a nutshell,I'm simply amazed daily at their ability to shirk abuse and happily/reliably retain zero,track and repeat. I like to but 'em used too.

Hint...……………(grin)

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Seems like I'm missing a hell of an opportunity by not building out a spec and having a bunch of not-shitty scopes built.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Seems like I'm missing a hell of an opportunity by not building out a spec and having a bunch of not-shitty scopes built.

I've only shot a few hunnert of 'em,less issue. There's not much that I'd change and I figure it to be Grand Theft Auto,every time I buy another.

Only have 80 or so now...…………..

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
BuckFucker puked an Illuminatti last pass and when received,they stated that the Model was discontinued and fairly offered purchase price credit towards whatever the fuck. I gave him an extra one of mine and he's gonna stay the course,but I know Chris and a few others have puked same. BuckFucker's rattled and anothers did same,coughing a lens element loose and precluding reticle focus AND image focus.

I reckon the 1-4x HD Bitches are the way to go,if a guy can SampleList them. BillyBahroo pretty much bought all of them in the World,so that may be slim pickin's.

Be curious to see if there's an Illuminatti Two Redeux,or just a straight walk away? I've seen more NIB Reupolds puke in a single day,so ain't fretting mine.(grin)

Food for thunking.................

Firth

Feb 1, 2015
I picked up a 1-4 off the sample list and initially could not get the eyepiece focused so that the reticle and field of view were in both in focus at the same time when the power ring was turned above 3x. Below 3x it looked fine, but above either the cross hairs or the view were blurry. Never had trouble with another scope like that, but wondered if it could be my eyes? I got in touch with SWFA and they gave my the same offer as BuckFucker. In the mean time I left it on my gun and pulled it out to look through periodically this past week. The last few times it the view has been good with everything in focus. Not sure if it was just my eyes initially or something shifted. No rattle in mine. I'm tempted to keep it since I can't get a direct replacement; I'd just send it in if it really goes south. Or I could cut and run.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Mine did not rattle, but is certainly busted. It also took a tumble off the gunsafe in the earthquake, so is less than pretty.

I emailed them, and they said to send em in with a note on what went wrong and they would take care of me. Can't bitch too much about that.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Was telling a pard what a Dumb Fuck he was,as he described his situation to me. Then he came to visit and I told "your shit is broke!"...like I was telling him something "new".(grin)

I pulled an Illuminatti off something,he zero'd in 2-pokes and it was Game On. They shipped him a brand new one and he's been logging ever since.

I've yet to be nice to one.................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Who nabbed what,over the Memorial Day Sale? I grabbed a coupla 6x MQ's,just to see what the fuss was about and one of them there 3-9x HD MQ's too.

MacaMillion called and there's an Old Glory Annie Sillywet HEAVY Bitch waiting for me too.

Time to put together a Skookum 22LR...……………(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise

Hoping to score another set of 77/22 30mm rings for an extra extra 22K-Hornet,so as to 6x MQ it.

The Old Glory Vudoo is THE shit!

Anschutzeses are REALLY fucking sad...............(grin)

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
I dropped the ball on the Memorial Day sale. Should have grabbed a 6x and 10x mil quad from the sample list but didnt get it done.

My only need right now is for a 243 I just put together: #2 contour, mcm classic, stealth dbm, etc. Was thinking about a 3-9 HD but I am pretty content with my combination of 6x and 10x's so doubt if I'll stray from them. I'm still thinking, which doesnt get me anywhere fast.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm sooooooooo not a variable guy...nor do I get hung up on "glass",as applied to Boolit Steering Devices.

FFP makes shit easy and Murphy Proof,especially in conjunction with Illumination that coincides with same.

Adjustments are very positive and 100% on the money,from stem to stern,after many trips to/fro. Turrets are a greater diameter than a Fixed Fucker,if only obviously and ride over,rather than under their tower. They're gonna be tougher to bump off course and you reap 10 Mils per revolution,but about 10 Mils of total travel shy of a Fixed Fucker 6/10x.

50yd Vudoo zero is 3.2 Mils shy of total erector travel and yields 30.2 Mils of erector correction. No zero stop needed,because nobody can fuck that up.

The reticle remains MQ gold,with 8.5 Mils of subtention available per FOV at 20x. The whole Mil marks are oblique diamonds,which you can see/shoot through,like upper X Fixed Fuckers.

Parallax adjusts down to 35yds,but for Beaver Dope...you can dump X's and circumvent same largely. You hit 1500yds then infinity.

The rheostat for illumination,has a stop between every brightness change,so you are never more than a "click" away from connecting dots for actuation or stopping the show.

Diopter adjustment is easy,with a locking ring and tape is soothing there too.

On the Vudoo '20x I added the supplied sunshade,not so much for flare,but Monsoon protection. I LOVE the inherent feature of same on Fixed Fuckers,as they ship with that built in protection factored in their design.

Impetus was to align weight/balance/heft with the 22 BR you built me and it wears the same glass. For KYL's at 100yds and beyond,against cluttered backgrounds,added X's could save the day. I aligned the MK cat tail to be TDC at 10x,so at a glance I KNOW where I'm at. For a rifle of the ilk,10x is a mainstay default and upon many platforms,so I KNOW it well.

Time,roundcount and the cursory bumps/bruises of actual use,will tell the REAL story and I'll be curious to see how it unfolds.

I'll add pics,here in a bit..................

Last edited:

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
SMOKING Firecracker Sale on The Sample List.

Nabbed another 5-20x HD Illuminated for $899,with some SWAG tossed in.

Hint...………………………...

260madman

Aug 19, 2014
I’ve had a 5-20 since they did the preorder when they were introduced. Wish I was in a position to pick up a few more at a reduced price.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Pried another outta da' Mail,earlier today.

Should poke it on my Kali Speedmire.(grin)

But will refrain................

Shooter71

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Not mine but I have the 3-15 non-HD here and it doesn’t seem shabby. Don’t like side parallax though. Looked through an NX8 1-8 a couple weeks ago, didn’t really like it. I’m stuck on the 10xMQ.

Armed Ferret

Dec 18, 2007
Maryland, wishing it was TX
Think my 10x may have shit the bed. Focus ring is locked in place, not sure what's keepin it there. Locked it down in a vise and used some channel locks (without fuckin the finish *too* much---grin) and even then, no love.

Have reached out to SWFA three ways with no response, so meh. got like.....10ish years out of it for under 3 bills so i'm not whinging too bad. (grin)

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
That reminds me, I sent them an email a while back and they told me to just box my broken shit up and send it back.. I should maybe do that

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
You LUCKY Fuckers...how come I can't make one puke?

I do KNOW from others though,that if you poke 'em in a box and fling 'em back,you get a Bandnewby and no hassle.

Food for thunk..................

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Got an email from them today that (as expected) they are sending me a new 6X and gave me a credit for the 1-4.

Coincidentally, I sent a couple leupys back to the mother ship on the same day. Got an email from them that they had got em and were a mere 18 (working) days out on getting them figured out.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
A coupla pards had an Illuminatti Puke and they simply sent new,less any questions or concerns. Now that they are discontinued,you get their purchase price credit towards whatever else you might want.

The 6x MQ seems to be a constant,in the exchange.........................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Purty good SampleList Sale right now. I just remembered that I have another 700 Deuce waiting for me,so thought a SFP 3-15x MQ would add the right amount of humor. Flip-ups,coffee cup and bling included.

Tough to go wrong,as there's alotta STEALS on Fixed Fuckers too.

Hint......................

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Perfect. They told me I could hold my credit 'till the next sale if I wanted. Will have to cruise the list. I'd love to have another 3-9.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I've been searching for my 10X - couldn't figure out where I'd put it and wondered if I hadn't traded it off and then forgot about it. Nope, it was the 6x mentioned above that I just cut the windage turret off. Funny shit!

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
That's like Christmas.

I have a 16X on the way as a load development/test mule scope. Interested to see how that goes. I'm having a tough time not buying another 6X.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Backed my crummy up to the Post Office,figuring to have a fucking haul and had but a single parcel! Pretty funny!

I MUCH prefer a 6x for everything,over the 16x. Had I known you were wanting one,I woulda gave you one.

For the 16x to match the 6x...it'd require a 102mm objective.

Hint................(grin)

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Can't even like it as a test scope?

I've been cussing the 6X on the Fieldcraft, every time I point it at something close. Which makes a lot more sense now that I actually read the bell and learned it was a 10X. Reading is hard.

Reactions: Robertham1

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Can't even like it as a test scope?

I've been cussing the 6X on the Fieldcraft, every time I point it at something close. Which makes a lot more sense now that I actually read the bell and learned it was a 10X. Reading is hard.

I've got them all.

The 16x is a JOKE...................

Reactions: Robertham1

Robertham1

Jun 16, 2015
That's like Christmas.

I have a 16X on the way as a load development/test mule scope. Interested to see how that goes. I'm having a tough time not buying another 6X.

ive got 6,10,12,16, and 20's, but mostly use 16x's and they are primarily attached to high zoot .22's, although i have a few on some centerfires. I am a fan. yes the eye relief is far from great, but for sitting at the bench i like them just fine. Though i wouldnt consider or recommend them for anything other than bench work.

-stick if youre in the market to be selling yours- shoot me a pm with price. got a little spend happy in rifle department recently and could use some glass