data-csrf="1711645865,97ff9f7b759663979324c0a7c183ef61" Timneys Calvin trigger | As Real As It Gets

Timneys Calvin trigger

Pat85

Mar 8, 2015
Pa.
After putting one on the .243 ai, I don't see a reason to buy another jewel. In my limited experience with the two the Calvin trigger is a more stable platform.

Pat85

Mar 8, 2015
Pa.
Get a little contamination in the inner workings of an elite and it doesnt fire when you close the bolt like the jewel. Have the jewel on the 223 ai and had to flush it twice with lighter fluid to clean it out when I had those issues. The pull on the Calvin trigger can be turned down to nothing and it sets the firing pin even after repeated fast bolt cycling. They break the same, and I like the wider pad on the Calvin. I wouldn't want a jewel on my elk rifle pulling it in and out of a horse mounted scabbard worrying will it go off when I bail off and throw one in the tube. It happen several times target shooting so it's always in the back of my mind.

Pat85

Mar 8, 2015
Pa.
The Jewel has been behaving. But I am more careful about cleaning solvent getting down in the mechanism or outdoor elements.

standeford

Feb 3, 2009
Tennessee
Anyone ever try Triggertech?

Plugged one in and shot it in the sunshine this weekend, and it is nice. No idea how it will weather though.

standeford

Feb 3, 2009
Tennessee
Good to know. This one went on a heavy 308 I bought off here, that was doing the safety on->pull trigger->safety off->fire that X Marks can be made to do, and I couldn't dial it light enough to suit without that.

I doubt this rifle will be used for more than fun, so even if it blows up in the weather it won't matter much.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm thinkin' you are more apt to stumble across one in the flesh...though I've seen me order stuff before................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Was sniffing this morning,will having a cup of coffee and stumbled onto KIDD's Site having a sale on their single stage 10/22 triggers for under 200 Clams...so got me a 1.5-pounder coming.

Am replacing broked glass on Mom's 10/22 and tossing a Reupold 3-9x M1 ele aboard,mainly because Dude Lickers cain't shoot with the barrel band anyhow.(grin)

Hadta suffer steel Grand Slams and should just cut to the chase and rattle can it,chop the fore end and mike it a whole bunch righter..............

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Is that black stock one of Boyds tacticool offerings? If so, is it laminate or solid wood?

I've a Salvage 10ML2 sitting here that really needs a new handle and I see Boyds will inlet for the fucked up bolt spacing Savage used....

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
HS Precision,re-inletted to take an Atlas,with MDT poly 10-rounder shown. Mike Rock 1-7" MTU Donkey Dick 223AI,EGW 20MOA 1913 rail,40MOA 'Horn rings and a shitload of "UP".

It's a BAD Bitch,that 'Buggy just got wrapped up and dubbed it "The Black Rock". Comb holds dope to the 1675yd line.

Pretty fucking sound platform................

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Copy that, I came across a stainless High Standard 22 clone here that I'd forgotten about.

I did pick up a Calvin trigger for a 700 that I should get to flog on later this week if I get the shifter back from Karl.

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
Big Stick said:
Was sniffing this morning,will having a cup of coffee and stumbled onto KIDD's Site having a sale on their single stage 10/22 triggers for under 200 Clams...so got me a 1.5-pounder coming.
They're easy to love. Which release did you go with?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Went "medium",as they are AMT-ish and familiar territory.

I'm not into the Nutcracker/Pole Vault Shit.............(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Should add,I just got back from a purty good jaunt and the above dude Licker coughed up a "whopping" 14 MOA remaining on the erector,after a 50yd zero.

That's so fucking dismal,all I could do was laugh out loud to myself,as travel stopped!.................

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
I went "medium" and got him to 2-tone it to boot...I see he now offers them 2-toned both ways, though at the time he only had the mono silver or black offerings, but I simply asked and he obliged.

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Big Stick said:
Spill your guts,if you beat me to it.....................
Picked up my Trigger Tech trigger. Guy at the outdoor shop messed up and ordered me a curved shoe instead of straight but it's not really a deal breaker for me. Initial impression is I like it! A bunch! A very small amount of take up and then a very clean break. Followed by a short reset. The adjustability is very simple and seems to work as advertised. I have it set at 2.5 pounds and it feels very clean. I didn't get a chance to shoot it yet as it came in on my fly day. I will post more once I've dumped some rounds with it.

Apr 3, 2010
Put a CE on Starsky's 6.5 lapua and seems dang nice. Dry fired it a bunch and may need a couple myself.