data-csrf="1714382683,455dd2d71c6d3e15e1a5f15baad2efaf" TN boys | As Real As It Gets

TN boys

pullit

Nov 18, 2007
it was a ride but we came out on top. After last night I am looking for an air mattress to sleep on in the basement.

pullit

Nov 18, 2007
Jackson got hit hard, wind blew over 20 tractor trailer trucks and shut down I-40.
Up a little north of JDS and Blake got hit good as well. Gas line blew up and was throwing fire in the air for a couple of hundred feet.
Fairview (about 6 miles form my house) got hit hard as well. I left before daylight but everything looked ok, I could see lots of limbs and branches in the yard.

Steelhead

Nov 17, 2007
Here
I remember one nasty SOB that came through, it was March and I'm pretty sure 1997. Don't miss that.

pullit

Nov 18, 2007
seems like we are getting more nasty storms than we used to get. Don't care for them either. The ones at night are a pain in the butt as you can't see them coming....

jds44

Nov 18, 2007
East of pullit, West of Painless
I was on pins and needles for a little bit and almost yanked the kids out of bed to bring them downstairs. The radar track had to outer edges of the cell going just a couple of miles north of my house. We had some wind and a hell of a light show, but no damage.

pullit

Nov 18, 2007
When I worked out by the airport in Nashville, we were run into the basement of the building for about 2 hours as the twisters just kept coming. Got out and started home and dang near run right into another one. That was as close to getting blown off the road as I have ever come.

Those guys that chase twisters for kicks ain't right in the head...

jds44

Nov 18, 2007
East of pullit, West of Painless
The one that came through winter before last tore the holy fuck out of my aunt's farm just outside of McMinnville. It flattened 2 barns, tore of the side off the house, and leveled trees like you'd dropped a bomb. It was a sight to behold.

tnv

Dec 25, 2007
TN
We made it out fine here. Hail hit the house about 2:30am and we went to the middle of the house. I (homeowner's ins.) just spent $14K on a new roof from the last hail storm. Was about to get pissed about my DMAX and hail storm....Third car in a row to get hail damage.

kup

Nov 17, 2007
NW Indiana
If you guys are worried I can take all your guns, ammo, cash and whiskey up north till the weather clears.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, the women and kids to.

kup

:D

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
That little bit of snow? shucks, we got that much last night...

I gonna shovel the roof tonight cause the walls are starting to crack...

tnv

Dec 25, 2007
TN
I'll take snow over hail and ice. All we ever seem to get here is ice in terms of wintery weather.

Chris

Nov 20, 2007
Between the Mtns and the Plateau
Good to hear you west Tn made it thru ok. I've yet to talk to a couple of friends around Jackson yet. We just some heavy rain and hail here this morning. Wind is whipping pretty good right now though.

cptcreedmoor

Dec 9, 2007
The Choo Choo
Alive and kickin, got hairy for a few but didn't get drilled to bad. Northeast Bama got the worst around here, they said it was an F3, sure fucked the mountain up, killed one and hurt a bunch.

Tis the season for this shit so I guess this was round one.

Hope everyone is good to go, later!

Joe

Nov 21, 2007
Washington
I would have to build the whole house underground so I could sleep at night. Glad you made it throu.