data-csrf="1714242426,0380bd06b0c5ee03add89d5f30fff375" Two actions kicking around, what to build??? | As Real As It Gets

Two actions kicking around, what to build???

Cuando

Oct 23, 2014
A 6 Dasher on a chassis would be fun.

I was thinking a McM Mountaineer with dbm in a 270 at 18" would be a good time.

Can't say what I'd do on a long action anymore, but a .338-06 was on my radar a few years ago.

Eagle1899

Dec 9, 2007
not where I would like
Yeah, the long action is definitely on the back burner. Although a 30 Gibbs would be nifty.

Short barrel Dasher is looking very possible.

Anyone know if Dasher will feed from Aics style mags into 700 without any bullshit?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'd go no more than 20" and a #3 contour for a Chassis Bitch.

AICS poly 10rd 223 mags are the easiest conversion and are far more reliable in 6BR,than they are in 223/223AI.(grin)

I'd stay SAAMI no-turn 6BR....................

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
I've got a 6br on a 700 in a cadex urban strike on the go. Will wear a bighorn varm contour 8 twist benchmark at 20-22". Have an mdt poly mag that I need to finish modding for it. Cadex is wearing a Luth ar stock

Eagle1899

Dec 9, 2007
not where I would like
Cadex is a great looking chassis! The OT Core would work for me as I have AR parts in spades and a NF 20MOA rail already.

Still hung up on what to chamber it in. 6mm is set but 6BR, Dasher and 6mm Competition Match are still getting tossed around.

I really don't want to screw around with modding mags no matter how easy it is. So Dasher and 6CM are getting more thought.

The new Norma Dasher brass supposed to be working out good and would save me from fire forming.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'd rather spend 30 seconds with a mag,than fuck around with brass.

Lapooey BR all the way for me................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've only built on a coupla 721's and have no real issue there,other than their fire control systems. Swap 'em to 700 and you are there.

If you aren't CERTAIN on a blueprint...that means S/A by default.

Hint...............(grin)

Eagle1899

Dec 9, 2007
not where I would like
721 is going back on the shelf. Needs a trigger and extractor.

The TL3 will feed 6BR from untouched mags (aics or AW) and eject same with no issues. Local gun plumber has been the beta tester for them.

His shooters are running them hot and heavy in competition with no issues.

Eagle1899

Dec 9, 2007
not where I would like
Hey Stick!

I'm going standard 6BR with Loopy brass.

Few questions. Do you have the part number for the 6mm bullet holding insert for the RCBS Comp seater?

Do I need an extended shell holder if my die is normally set for 308/300WSM length brass?

Bushing size on new production brass?

Thanks!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
In 6BR I drive Redding Bushing Comp Dies and don't feed it ala RCBS Funnel Dump Seater.

Can't know if a guy can read part numbers here,or not. You would certainly need an extended shellholder.

I'm happy here,with a no-turn neck and moly 105 Smooches(.003" constriction).

My AICS poly 10rd 223 mags needed modded for 6BR and the AICS steel 5rounders are no joy there...nor close...............

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Some interesting shooting instruction/discussion articles on that site. The web's chock full of hardware how-to-spend-your-money resources, and damn little about how to SHOOT. Trigger time is a lot more useful if you know WTF you're doing...

Thanks for the link.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The 6BR is a suplizingly bad Little Bitch and quite the Hammer.

Nice way to arrange a splendid view of trace and impact,as well as stupid Precision...............

Brazo

Mar 29, 2013
The Keystone State
Stick man,

In your opinion in what scenario's would lead you to decide between a 22 caliber or a 6mm very possibly 223AI vs 6mm BR

and when would you chassis as opposed to A5.

Can't swing both

Best

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Well the donor's boltface is one facet of consideration. Another for me,is volume...in that a 223/223AI is always gonna win the logistics and bang for the buck race,as well as High Volume Funtitude.

"Chassis" to me,means short barrels and modest contours at best. The A5 is THE Supreme Giggles Stock and has no equal for increased contours.

I'd not want a 223AI greater than 21",nor a 6BR greater than 20". Every chassis comes replete with an AICS footprint DBM,which can add ALOTTA happiness to the equation,both in round count and COAL. It nips F/F too,which will help lotsa folks.

So I'd say for the gent who wants a Handy/Dandy Killin'/Thrillin' Platform in either 223AI or 6BR(amongst a host of others),that a Modest Chassis will reliably align stars. For a dedicated Play Toy and when talking greater case capacity(recoil),the added mass of an A5 wearing more contour,will certainly assist in seeing trace/impact and in recoil reduction. I don't brake,so fuck them.

Putting C-Note(18" Rem mag contour Mike Rock) in a MDT LSS wearing a 2-ounce Shilen trigger,really sweetened the pot. Nice to be able to scrunch the RSS buttstock and make it even handier/dandier for transport and it's the fucking Rock Of Gibraltar on a Baby Man Harris swivel 'pod. It's a Pass Shooting pleasure and shit is simply right proper fucked.

A 1-8" or better 270 configured same,is a fucking hoot and rates a thunk,as it melds 223 logistics,with the 6BR's pile driving ass.

Food for thought.................

Cuando

Oct 23, 2014
I've ended up with an extra action and am probably headed off the 270 chassis cliff soon. Thinking I might go with a Douglas from Dave as it will be pretty painless on the wallet. Somewhere in the 18"-20" park but not sure on contour. Kinda liking the idea of a short magnum contour but might go a little heavier. What contour is C note?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'd not wanna go beyond a Douglas #3. C-Note is a Rem Mag contour at 18" and fluted.

Douglas wouldn't aspook me on a 270..............

Brazo

Mar 29, 2013
The Keystone State
Big Stick said:
Well the donor's boltface is one facet of consideration. Another for me,is volume...in that a 223/223AI is always gonna win the logistics and bang for the buck race,as well as High Volume Funtitude.

"Chassis" to me,means short barrels and modest contours at best. The A5 is THE Supreme Giggles Stock and has no equal for increased contours.

I'd not want a 223AI greater than 21",nor a 6BR greater than 20". Every chassis comes replete with an AICS footprint DBM,which can add ALOTTA happiness to the equation,both in round count and COAL. It nips F/F too,which will help lotsa folks.

So I'd say for the gent who wants a Handy/Dandy Killin'/Thrillin' Platform in either 223AI or 6BR(amongst a host of others),that a Modest Chassis will reliably align stars. For a dedicated Play Toy and when talking greater case capacity(recoil),the added mass of an A5 wearing more contour,will certainly assist in seeing trace/impact and in recoil reduction. I don't brake,so fuck them.

Putting C-Note(18" Rem mag contour Mike Rock) in a MDT LSS wearing a 2-ounce Shilen trigger,really sweetened the pot. Nice to be able to scrunch the RSS buttstock and make it even handier/dandier for transport and it's the fucking Rock Of Gibraltar on a Baby Man Harris swivel 'pod. It's a Pass Shooting pleasure and shit is simply right proper fucked.

A 1-8" or better 270 configured same,is a fucking hoot and rates a thunk,as it melds 223 logistics,with the 6BR's pile driving ass.

Food for thought.................
I agree the 270 would be pretty much perfect as well. Interesting stuff the fun factor looks through the roof.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The Baby BR Montucky is a WICKED Bad Bitch and I really love that rifle.

'Buggy has a 270 18" Chassis Bitch in a MDT LSS and it's a very nice way to fly. Have seen him run a Herd Clip dry more than a few times,which is a nice option to have.

The 270 is a Mind Fuck.............