data-csrf="1713542595,ab8a5755128e440b9742592e7f120cfd" Ultimate wolf knocker ?? | As Real As It Gets

Ultimate wolf knocker ??

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I always think I'll like ARs a lot more than I actually do.

Haven't found anything yet I'd rather carry than a Montana.

What's your preferred bullet for killing in your 22 Creed? Should have mine before too long.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Headed out to shoot,here in a bit and I've got some HIGH PPC Hopes!

The 22 Grendel Gasser is a BAD Bitch and would certainly be my first pick,for a Herd. The Montucky cain't be beat and adding more noise and recoil to the fray,really don't "solve" much of anything.

Just finished loading PPC Improved and I always like getting 100fps+,per grain of powder..............(grin)

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
not a bad place to be...wish i had a pile of amaxes left.

starting from scratch, with a 1/7", whats the better way, for game only...90s or 88s?

or both fine for whitetail size?

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
I'm too stingy to try the beer cans but 88s kill really well in my 20" 22 creed.

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
Wish I still had one of raghorn's Montanas. I should have did the creed punch and kept it....

Guess I need to find a Montana doner again

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The 88's are assuredly the most,for the least and they are simply fabulous.

On a modest round count rifle,I think the Beer Cans are worth a look. BC goes to .585 and they don't suck at any distance,which is a nice "problem" to have................

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
Maybe I could keep rounds relegated to rifles if I built a dedicated can launcher
Been thinking about rebarreling ole reliable to a 7T but don’t think I could ever keep 88’s separated from 75’s
Maybe I could tell the difference with a aluminum tip .......... grin

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
I tend to not take many notes and grab a handful of shells and put them in my pocket
At the end of the day I usually unload pockets on the table
By the end of a couple weeks of chasing I’ve got little piles of ammo in multiple locations
In packs
In boats
In trucks
In the house
In the garage
Etc
I try to keep like chambered rifles with generic loads that all shoot reasonably well
have had good luck doing that
loaded 300 alphas with max load RL 22 and kissed 75’s firm to the shortest throat and rock on

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I keep shit sorted,so I can keep tabs on brass life and different Lots of powder,amongst other things. I do share/swapaloo some Krunchenticker fodder,but bolt guns tend to drink from their own fountain. Ammo boxes get marked barrel specific and often time DBM's do too,so there's never any confusion.

There were 3 SWFA's sighted in yesterday and Zero came in 2 rounds a piece. From there,zero turrets and start banging come-ups.

I think you'll like the 1-6x HD's.................