data-csrf="1711661016,790758081ff0003837501009c3f6a500" Unavoidable temptation. Assholes. | As Real As It Gets

Unavoidable temptation. Assholes.

d2junky

Feb 10, 2010
I’ve been on these boards off and on since 1999. Ive been unable to avoid the temptation of just about everything. Barrett, Montucky, tickers and Tikklers, chunks flyweights and halibuts. Ingram’s and Victorinox parers abound. Mickey, Manners, Grayboe, and chassis. A 7-08 Shaen and need to send him a Barrett 22-250 for the creed punch.

To quote: I’ve done it all and then some.

I mustered resistance for the photography bug with the higher end stuff the whole fucking time and enjoyed the fruits of others labor…..until the noon time crap yesterday. G15, 1d3, 17-40, 100-400 inbound. And I’ve just a tiny clue where to start. Y’all will likely need to help me to water.

Reactions: Painless

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Congrats d2 on your transition to a 1D3 junky!

The primary paradox in things DSLR is that it's somewhat inverse to the current Covid government mandates. The finish line keeps moving in both cases....

Some years back, I lusted after a minty, used 1DIIn then the used Mk trey offerings depreciate to the realm of practical, same for the IV and 1DX, and on and on. Unlike the gubbmint, at least with the DSLR shit's getting better. About time for this old Kodachrome shutter monkey to take a deep breath and jump in with both feet.

I have been taking lotsa notes to lessen the incline of the learning curve....

d2junky

Feb 10, 2010
My 2 year old gets a new hip on Monday and a cast from the waist down for 6 weeks. Took a few days off from the office to help momma out so figure I’ll have time to read and relearn and take some night shots here as the sunsets have been crazy.

d2junky

Feb 10, 2010
Thanks gentlemen. She’s tough as nails for a little one and she’s in good hands. But it’s a nasty feeling that she has no idea what’s about to happen and no way to explain it to her. Probably better for her but hard as hell on us.

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
Best wishes for you and your family, nothing is scarier than a sick kid. Hang in there, sounds like you've got the right attitude.

Enjoy the camera, I've tried to shield myself from that temptation too!

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Hope everything goes better than expected for you and yours.
Second the sentiment on sick kids being the scariest thing imaginable.

d2junky

Feb 10, 2010
She’s up and growling like a bear. Things went well with her surgery. Few more abnormalities with her hip than the surgeon realized but she’s one of the best. Hard part starts today. She’s pissed about the cast.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Things went well with her surgery.
We spent a few weeks in a children's hospital, ourselves, when my son was an infant. He was a week old and needed open-heart surgery. We had some scary times, for sure, but we were very lucky that surgery was able to fix things. He's almost 12, now, and completely healthy.

I hope your little girl is over the scary part, and doing well with recovery & healing. I wish you guys well.

d2junky

Feb 10, 2010
DA990F20-23AD-487F-8F32-7B6ED03BC20E.jpeg

workin on it. Free time has been devoted to momma relief and building that table so Hurricane has a place to sit, eat, draw, play pretty much do everything. Because of the position her legs are in in the cast she can’t sit in a chair. Tried bean bags but she slides out…..and laying down is not in her repertoire.

d2junky

Feb 10, 2010
45711A5C-24D4-4CBF-ADD9-3E16F26B4973.jpeg

5 more weeks and she’s out of the cast. Toughest kid I have. It’s forced her to do less pointing and grunting and more talking so we can get her what she needs, but currently oh shit is the most common thing coming out of her mouth. Specially when she sees a nurse.