data-csrf="1711620372,ff8512b7e1d7b2ad7ad1a64cea01bb5c" Vudoo Gun Works V-22M In 17HMR And 22MAG. | As Real As It Gets

Vudoo Gun Works V-22M In 17HMR And 22MAG.

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I was on the sniper hide forum and asked about the 17hmr vudoo and was told it is a done deal and should be for sale by shot show 2020.I guess it is time to call Mcmillan and order another stock.They are also making some magazines in aluminum.

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I also will be looking forward to see how they turn out.I finally got my classic from Mcmillan and put my VGW barreled action in and it is a tack driver.Had it out to 200 yds the other day and had some small groups.Thanks for turning me on to the classic stock Stick it handles real well.
IMG_0483.jpeg

Last edited:

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I was on the sniper hide forum and asked about the 17hmr vudoo and was told it is a done deal and should be for sale by shot show 2020.I guess it is time to call Mcmillan and order another stock.They are also making some magazines in aluminum.
FYI - I saw a post from Kelly McMillan today, announcing a price increase on all of their stocks...

I'm sure I'll end up with a Vudoo HMR...I can't decide on the particulars... As much as I like the round...I'm not shooting any of my other 17's very often these days, which is why several are still for sale as part of the Purge.....

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I never owned a .17 cal rifle and I was wondering what the upside to the .17hmr over the 22rf is.Im sure it moves a-lot faster and does some serious damage on impact.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I fucking LOVE my Garrows and 1717...but I know the Vudoo Hummer will smoke the whole outfit.

Tried ordering by phone a couple hours ago,but forgot all about it being a Holiday,while here at work.

Tomorrow..................(grin)

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
How do you plan on configuring your vudoo 17hmr,barrel,stock,bottom metal etc.I would love to get a Mcmillan A3 for the 17hmr.

Robertham1

Jun 16, 2015
Talked to em in the phone a few weeks ago and said if all goes well they will be unveiling the HMR/Mag and a single shot action at SHOT

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I think I could see one set up similar to my Stealth model...I believe Vudoo calls it the Black Magic model...

I'll opt for a different stock, something more along the lines of one from AG Composites, similar to their Kimber Montana pattern...

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I never heard of AG Composites.I guess you're happy with their stock quality if you interested in another one.I will have to take a look at there web sight.

Apr 3, 2010
I also will be looking forward to see how they turn out.I finally got my classic from Mcmillan and put my VGW barreled action in and it is a tack driver.Had it out to 200 yds the other day and had some small groups.Thanks for turning me on to the classic stock Stick it handles real well.View attachment 218
Bolts on wrong side. Do like mine in a classic as well.

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
Very nice setup how far have you taken it out to and what ammo does yours like.Mine really likes the Sk red box.I have some center X I want to try out.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I never heard of AG Composites.I guess you're happy with their stock quality if you interested in another one.I will have to take a look at there web sight.
Mine has the All Composites stock on it, but Paul from Vudoo is who told me about AG Composites. He said they make a really nice, lightweight stock, but it isn't as refined as the All Composites stocks...

Apr 3, 2010
Very nice setup how far have you taken it out to and what ammo does yours like.Mine really likes the Sk red box.I have some center X I want to try out.
SK Standard Plus, the yellow box stuff. Does great with it. I've only messed around out to 100 with it. I can do that in the backyard pretty easy. Been too busy hunting stuff since I got it to plink much. Hoping to kill a lot of prairie dogs with it in a few months.

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
My Vudoo liked the yellow box but the red box just a little better.I noticed the difference when I got out to 200 yds.I will take it out to 300 yds next week and see what it likes there.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
How do you plan on configuring your vudoo 17hmr,barrel,stock,bottom metal etc.I would love to get a Mcmillan A3 for the 17hmr.

I was thinking Sako Hunter gelcoat Old Glory,in a 20" Ranch contour and I think I just got another DBM in the Mail(Joel and Uncle Kyle were just giving me shit at the PO,as I just stepped off the plane). Anything AICS Stealth is good with me.

My Annie 1717D HB is a Pig,even after The Chop to 20". I've got zero qualm with my 77/22 Hummer wearing the S/S LW Clark Spout at 18" and I think it's .830". My Garrow Hummers are pretty fucking handy and I've MUCH faith in 'em...but a guy KNOWS wayyyyyyy before he even sees one,that a Vudoo Hummer is THE One.

Flying all day,so no real chance to get Vudoo on the horn and muse particulars. Be curious to see who's spout they are gonna roll. If the MPA Alpine Hunter is as good as I think,it might could be tempting,for instant gratification.

Just can't see,how I couldn't not 6x MQ...................

Robertham1

Jun 16, 2015
When I spoke to them a while ago when they were just considering the .17- they said the biggest hurdle was finding a .17 barrel manufacturer that produced barrels that they felt would be accurate enough for them to use. I believe they ended up using lothar walther.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Just got off the Vudoo horn. You cain't pre-order/pre-pay,because I TRIED.(grin)

Throwed my name on the list and will await call.

No pricing info available either.............

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014

Everybody wants a piece...and ya can’t blame em...

Looks WELL executed IMO.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Just got off the phone with Zermatt and spoke with Ray. Whizzum's will start trickling in May/June. The receivers are CM and Whizzum mag capacity is 8rds.

I'm sooooooooooo fucking in! Tried to pre-pay/pre-order,but I'm on the list and they're wanting FFL info.

Will prolly go Lilja...................

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
Ray is good people...and Bighorn is on top of their game...

I’m sure he passed the smell test easily.