data-csrf="1711648813,532ca2800f872e959a369a26a1c87ad5" You Bitches Awake?!?...……….. | As Real As It Gets

You Bitches Awake?!?...………..

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Thus far,I just can't swoon a 10mm of any flavor....................
There was a guy at the range with a G20 and a box of Buffalo Bore that had a FTF every shot. Didn't think that was even possible on a glock, but there it was. Made it really slow for me to pick up his brass... grin.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
There was a guy at the range with a G20 and a box of Buffalo Bore that had a FTF every shot. Didn't think that was even possible on a glock, but there it was. Made it really slow for me to pick up his brass... grin.
I've yet to be wronged by simplistic 22LR solids,in regards to penetration. Too many situations have been well sorted,less anything remotely "weird".

Tried to make The 'horn take a Grock 21 away from me on a Forever Trial,but he wouldn't do it. The 9's shoot so much softer,so much quieter,so much cheaper and hold so many more rounds...that it'll set lonely in it's GFI Kenai and pout.(grin)

He was talking about nabbing a Grock 35,but I'm soooooo in 34 Mode...............

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
How did that Buffalo Bore brass look? I've picked some up that have the tell-tale Glock smile, just above the base. They load that stuff pretty hot.

I'll keep a look out for a 22# spring. Thanks for the tip!

Heres the Canik, with the Holosun 407A3:

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
How did that Buffalo Bore brass look?
Hot! Come to think of it, it was starline brass. I forgot BB had thier own brass - maybe it was handloads in a BB box, or he just had more than one box open and I keyed in on the BB.

I don't have much interest in reloading the BB brass.

Stick, I read on the campfire that a 22LR only results in kills when placed exactly in the brain stem. So, I'll let the facts speak for themselves...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
How did that Buffalo Bore brass look? I've picked some up that have the tell-tale Glock smile, just above the base. They load that stuff pretty hot.

I'll keep a look out for a 22# spring. Thanks for the tip!

Heres the Canik, with the Holosun 407A3:

The Caniksun soon looks purty sound..................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
cwh,

Everything leads with it's head,but not often the brain stem.(grin)

I've seen hits matter.

Laughing!..............

Vek

Nov 3, 2009
Back when I had Hobbies, the pistol range fun tool was the SBH and 180 gr Remington JHPs in front of 30-ish grains of 296. Six-foot fireball, pieces falling from the ceiling chicken-wired soundproofing, dust shaken from the plywood partitions, and nervous 9mm users peeking around to figure out what the HELL WAS THAT? I impressed a prairie dog with one of those, once. That SBH would boringly put five of those on a paper plate at 100 yards with open sights, off of a rest. Until the rest was shredded by the cylinder gap blast.

I've been camped on 500 pieces of new WW 10mm brass for over a decade now, waiting for Hobbies to resume. Somewhere in this house there's an aftermarket 10mm barrel to go on the ratty G21 whose grip I feel compelled to rasp...we'll get to it someday, along with the 5-shot 45 colt and its stash of 500 starlines.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Richards MicroFit: Pre-64 70 7mm Rem Mag action inlet,1-1/4" barrel channel,1" Decelerator at 13.5" LOP(black),3-1/2" fore end,Electric Blue laminate,no vents on fore arm and a rather nice gal on the phone,who KNOWS her shit.

$285 shipped and turn-key to the Post Office and 8wks of waitin'.

You fucking Enablers!.................

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Probably some of the best king/halibut fishing I have seen in the last 5 or so years. If I am still fishing Kings at 8 am, it was a grind..

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
Richards MicroFit: Pre-64 70 7mm Rem Mag action inlet,1-1/4" barrel channel,1" Decelerator at 13.5" LOP(black),3-1/2" fore end,Electric Blue laminate,no vents on fore arm and a rather nice gal on the phone,who KNOWS her shit.

$285 shipped and turn-key to the Post Office and 8wks of waitin'.

You fucking Enablers!.................
Stick,
Did you get the "Marksman" stock? Is it the same as the old M70 target stock? I've only shot the M70 ones and thought they felt quite good for a heavy.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Probably some of the best king/halibut fishing I have seen in the last 5 or so years. If I am still fishing Kings at 8 am, it was a grind..

Everyone is jacked and going nuts.

Be curious to see how the Commercial Fleet fares..............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
dakota',

Nope...but that pattern is viable. Was/am thinking more barrel contour/mass in this application,for Distant Dastardly Deeds.

This pattern,less the holes in the bow.(grin)

Higher comb and T-holes allow more interaction,for recoil reduction....................

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Price is holding at $8. Spent all my time on that house and will have charter fished 22 of the preceding 23 days prior to icing up on the 30th. I ain’t ready but will limp by hopefully with no malfunctions.

MontanaMan

Nov 28, 2007
3 more Krunchentickers in progress, getting the parts I want has been slow at best............been waiting on one of the barrels for over 10 weeks, they say it's 2 weeks out still. Lowers are done & waiting.

Getting through youngest son's wedding on Saturday; his older brother is in the U.S. Navy & they won't give him any leave to attend.......shitty deal.

On the plus side, got 5,000 9mm bullets that are in transit to keep us busy stuffing them into brass.

Just love the mask-up bullshit......................just sayin'. LOL

MM

Last edited: