data-csrf="1711690060,a4d13387b3a15a108ddfd2fad24d30ed" Youth hunt in MO | As Real As It Gets

Youth hunt in MO

bgold

Jul 30, 2008
Missouri
Youngest boy is getting me back into deer hunting, which I haven't done since the farm sold. Older kids would much rather hunt ducks than deer and I've been happy to oblige.

Pard has a few acres (and is the call maker for the one in the pic) and this was youth season in Missouri. He was able to connect this afternoon...taking the first thing that came by. He couldn't wait for the big boys any longer. Took this little button buck with a nice shot and didn't go more than 20 yards.

Reactions: dznnf7

Apr 3, 2010
Nice job there! I cooked a whole hind off one like that and it was amazingly good. Some kind of Greek recipe for lamb I used. Anyway, for eating, it won't get better than that. Doubly so if you've been eating ducks lol.

• Haha
Reactions: bgold and Brett

bgold

Jul 30, 2008
Missouri
Don't I know it...seems I was just taking the oldest. She's in college now, and the oldest boy talking with recruiters and looking at colleges. A wayback machine, if only to enjoy more time with the kids, would be an amazing thing.

And thanks for the congrats guys...I'll have to show him. Coop will think that's pretty cool.

ridgeline

Mar 22, 2009
australia
Youngest boy is getting me back into deer hunting, which I haven't done since the farm sold. Older kids would much rather hunt ducks than deer and I've been happy to oblige.

Pard has a few acres (and is the call maker for the one in the pic) and this was youth season in Missouri. He was able to connect this afternoon...taking the first thing that came by. He couldn't wait for the big boys any longer. Took this little button buck with a nice shot and didn't go more than 20 yards.

He'll be hooked now !! congrats...