data-csrf="1714404316,8a366f19d72b893d77f2eaa88cf1b68c" Teeker Cheater(CTR)?!?............... | As Real As It Gets

Teeker Cheater(CTR)?!?...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
You RUTHLESS Fucks take Peer Pressure to new levels!

To their GREAT credit,Teeker do Cheater rails VERY right. (6) fasteners and (2) steel pins to affix same,along with Goop. Simply exceptional,both in theory and Application.

That being said,it's tough to waltz past 40 MoMo's of free inclination. Mountain Tactical,do through the Big Nugget Recoil Stop in the Cheater Gopher Hole and that too is very smart.

As Milk Jugs go,a Cheater is better than most,I like that The Sling Stud Blow Holes are filled with blanks,on the exterior. I'll only use the front.

in this Day & Age,Threads are smart bidness too,though Muzzle Danglies ain't my game. It's gooped and ViceGrip'd on.(grin)

No thang to back trigger pull weight out and dead head it on the fire control's fastener. Nice that the cheater is gooped there too,but most do Today.

You boys might be onto sumptin',with a 20" Stainless Cheater in 223...................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
These scopes have been arriving with great regularity,as of late. This one is a Five Fastener Fucker Zero Stop Bitch,which is good news,in my book.

Guts,Feathers and All,it ain't too shabby.

I'll get into feed/function along with RPM,COAL and Throat Geometry in the morning..............

Rastus

Jan 22, 2014
State Of Confusion
You RUTHLESS Fucks take Peer Pressure to new levels!

To their GREAT credit,Teeker do Cheater rails VERY right. (6) fasteners and (2) steel pins to affix same,along with Goop. Simply exceptional,both in theory and Application.

That being said,it's tough to waltz past 40 MoMo's of free inclination. Mountain Tactical,do through the Big Nugget Recoil Stop in the Cheater Gopher Hole and that too is very smart.

As Milk Jugs go,a Cheater is better than most,I like that The Sling Stud Blow Holes are filled with blanks,on the exterior. I'll only use the front.

in this Day & Age,Threads are smart bidness too,though Muzzle Danglies ain't my game. It's gooped and ViceGrip'd on.(grin)

No thang to back trigger pull weight out and dead head it on the fire control's fastener. Nice that the cheater is gooped there too,but most do Today.

You boys might be onto sumptin',with a 20" Stainless Cheater in 223...................(grin)
There is really only five screws and a random to fuck up the unwary

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
I grabbed one too, 20" 8 twist.
Stuck a 10x MQ on it and it's been a hammer with 69 RMRs, 75 amax and 77 tmk, basically everything I've stuck in.

Fun little rifle. Gotta say, the CTR mags don't suck either

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
75 ELD's smoochin' at 2.475" and I've spec'd more than a few customs,to replicate same.

I'd never given thought to the mag.(grin)

If only because extrapolations,tend to connect dots.

I reckon if a guy cracked open some Lapooey Virgins,spilt some Lever',sprinkled with 400's and stuffed 75 ELD's in same,there might could be some traction..............(grin)

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Had one in .308, was a hammer with 155s and 178s.

Tikka ergos work very well for me out of the box.

Tried to talk Dude270 out of a Ruger, but he talked me into a Superlite in .223. Sportsman’s dragging though. Optics Planet doing the same on the Athlon.

I haven’t found much to complain about, on any I’ve dealt with yet, though it’s only a few.

They are nice, much like Kimbers, that I don’t feel the need to replace the stock first thing.

raghornjp

May 4, 2010
A whole nuther country
75 ELD's smoochin' at 2.475" and I've spec'd more than a few customs,to replicate same.

I'd never given thought to the mag.(grin)

If only because extrapolations,tend to connect dots.

I reckon if a guy cracked open some Lapooey Virgins,spilt some Lever',sprinkled with 400's and stuffed 75 ELD's in same,there might could be some traction..............(grin)
I’ve kinda been keeping my eyes open for one but haven’t found one yet
You order yours ?

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Been CTRing from the get-go…. I’ve had a few of them all, except the .223. I could dig that rig, especially with a muffler.

I could get behind a stainless 20” CTR in .22 or 6mm Creed for sure, and would order/buy one on sight.

Dremel and a couple PBRs make the cheek piece rather functional too.

6C10BD32-5B70-4D3F-A7DA-6D6900F87907.jpeg

7mmMato2

Oct 7, 2019
Only issue I have ever had with a Tikka T3 is the bolt stop pin can be broken if you run it hard enough. But to its credit this is the 3rd barrel on this action and god knows how many time I have dry fired it running the bolt while doing dry fire drills.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm certainly not a Teeker Guy,but pards are always asking "what should I get?". Then they don't listen.(grin)

The market is REALLY fucking ripe,for someone to do a 223 Boltgun correctly,over the fucking counter. As of this very minute,the 20" S/S 1-8" 223 CTR connects the most centerfire dots. It mechanically aligns,that which is needed,for decent funds.

It's a simplistic pattern,that anyone can steer well,without getting beat up.................

Reactions: dznnf7

Minute of elk

Aug 5, 2013
Mt- bozeangeles
I picked up a t3 superlight sporty's special a few years ago. It's had some experiments tried on it (plywood stock, salt bath nitrided the barrel & action, cdi bottom metal, mdt plastic mags, half a dozen different scopes). It never really settled down to a sub half rifle with 75 amax's, but holds around 3/4 for the most part (It shoots just good enough that I'm not motivated to fix it).

I keep thinking I'm gonna make it a 270, but keep not getting around to ordering a 6mm barrel. I mean, if I take it apart I won't have a 223ai anymore...

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
Been CTRing from the get-go…. I’ve had a few of them all, except the .223. I could dig that rig, especially with a muffler.

I could get behind a stainless 20” CTR in .22 or 6mm Creed for sure, and would order/buy one on sight.

View attachment 592
I’ve lost count of how many “Custom Killers” have come and gone...still my favorite outta the box medium weight rig.
Always perusing for someone dumping a used CTR that’ll get a 22 CM barrel without hesitation. Sore Pecker calling and thermal rifle for sure...

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
There’s a Gen 1 .260 CTR in the same shop as that Sako .25-06 we were talking about last week…. Think they wanted $750 for it, doesn’t look like it’s been shot much.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Just mind blowing,that Factories can't figure shit out and simply offer turn-key wares,that are squared away..................

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
I'm thinking about a CTR 6.5 creed. Probably be a good mid range gun that the kiddo could shoot without a lot of recoil. My fieldcraft bucks a bit too much for him

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
I'm thinking about a CTR 6.5 creed. Probably be a good mid range gun that the kiddo could shoot without a lot of recoil. My fieldcraft bucks a bit too much for him
Can’t think of much better. Throw a can on it, hand him a case of shells and keep the knives sharp...

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
Kinda my thoughts. He does good with my 6 creed but I figured the 6.5 wouldn't kick too much with the can on and a 147 should make better blood trails for behind the shoulder shot stuff

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
Plus he can shoot the 223 ctr in the off time for no recoil practice, make it easy to slide behind its clone come hunting season

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Seen a lot of shit dirt napped by kids and ladies with a 20” .260 CTR…. with and without can…. 123s, 127s, 130s, 139s,140s… coyotes, prairie dogs, deer, elk, antelope…. it hammered them all.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007

View attachment 592
Is that a Victor Co cheek rest?

WaTF?

Jul 21, 2021
Nope, it’s the factory cheek rest. Chop about 1/2” off the front and re-contour, file a bolt slot in the front, add two height indexing screws under the cheek rest, and reinstall.

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Sportsman’s finally came through and I picked up the Superlite today.

Athlon and Sportsmatch worked out great for me, cheek weld right where I like it.

Id like to be a touch lighter on the trigger, might have to shorten the adjustment screw a tad.

Handling/ergos spot on for me, which has been the norm for Tikka and Kimber.

If it shoots like my past Tikkas, I can see this one seeing a lot of carry time.

Tempted to toss a 6x MQ, since this one has meat and taters written all over it, but we’ll see.

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Thinking same for mine. Got the x47 Montana coming back home this week…but the CTR would be much better suited for high volume fun.

Rastus

Jan 22, 2014
State Of Confusion
Sportsman’s finally came through and I picked up the Superlite today.

Athlon and Sportsmatch worked out great for me, cheek weld right where I like it.

Id like to be a touch lighter on the trigger, might have to shorten the adjustment screw a tad.

Handling/ergos spot on for me, which has been the norm for Tikka and Kimber.

If it shoots like my past Tikkas, I can see this one seeing a lot of carry time.

Tempted to toss a 6x MQ, since this one has meat and taters written all over it, but we’ll see.
Nice, what caliber
The 20 inch CTR in 6 Kreed is on my wishlist

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
Mine have all been floated as issued.
Hope you get it straightened out. Everything good mechanically speaking?

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Seems to be. Mine has quite a bit of upward pressure a few inches forward of the shank.