data-csrf="1632794562,ebd187c492602d6395aa1fadc152fe1b" Athlon first impressions.... | As Real As It Gets

Athlon first impressions....

Al Nyhus

Dec 30, 2008
....well, not exactly as I have a couple other Athlons already and have been impressed.

This one is their Argos Gen II 10-40X56 BR scope with the long range BR reticle. W/E clicks are more like clunks...very, very solid. The parallax is smooth, adjusts well and repeats. Ditto on the occular focus. Glass is very nice even at 40X. The reticle is a bit busy for me but the center dot at .09" @ 40X should be about perfect. Fit/finish is on par with scopes at triple the price.

Tomorrow is going to be a little stormy so Thursday looks like a earliest chance. It's going on one of my 22BR's so it won't be hard to tell if all is copacetic. -Al

Painless

Administrator
I picked up the Athlon Ares BTR 4.5x27x50 GEN 1 a few years ago while I was waiting on an NF I had on order to come in. I put it on a heavy 223AI and the damn thing just works. Glass is good, very repeatable at the time I was in it for less than 900.00 bucks so it has been well worth the loot.

Reactions: Al Nyhus

Al Nyhus

Dec 30, 2008
Scope tracked perfectly and returned to zero every time. Parallax corrected nicely with a large 'sweet spot'.* Glass is clear and sharp and the reticle stays sharp after adjusting the occular.

Good shootin'.:) -Al

*How fussy the parallax is after correcting is a good indication of lens alignment on any scope that has a parallax correction...whether it's on the objective, side or at the rear.

Reactions: 7mmMato2