data-csrf="1714370698,d2dc572e91c4f67a0a8da6bada9c114a" Bill...how is our gun fund? | As Real As It Gets

Bill...how is our gun fund?

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
No real damage done yet. I did the 'I'll take it' thing on the Fire for that .257bbl that's on there.

If I get it, we'll do a 250AI or a 257wby....sometime. No hurry.

tlfw

Nov 27, 2007
Texas
Make it a .257 Weatherby...for no other reason then I'll bring up mine and you can supply all the dope for the "all night" shooting session from the deck of the cabin... :D

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
No dice...shootingnurse beat me to it. Guess he must have seen my 'I'll take it', as he had a PM in this morning but apparently hadn't decided until moments ago.

No big deal...but wish people would stick with the first 'i'll take it' wins...

tlfw

Nov 27, 2007
Texas
Yeah...we did piss off the neighbors. Next time, we will be more curtious and supply ear plugs.

2muchgun

Nov 26, 2007
sittin' here drinkin' beer
Brother Dave said:
No dice...shootingnurse beat me to it. Guess he must have seen my 'I'll take it', as he had a PM in this morning but apparently hadn't decided until moments ago.

No big deal...but wish people would stick with the first 'i'll take it' wins...
WTF? Should have been yours IMO......

pullit

Nov 18, 2007
jds44 said:
Paul had a SS Pac-Nor 3 groove 10 twist .25 caliber blank in Mountain Rifle contour he was talking about trading a few days ago. Might hit him up.
if only it were a 9 twist.... :grin:

Accraholic

Nov 27, 2007
Oregon coast
Dave, somebody needs to build the .25 WSM that BigStick is always talking about, but never builds...

I'm sure he would tell you it was shit, and trade you out of it in simpathy...

WGM

Nov 22, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
I just got a call from a buddy that might be able to snag a few of the $300 ADL's from Mart-Mart ... says they don't seem to have any short actions, but do have a few longs and a mag or two ...

I'm thinking about claiming the mag action for a 257roy build, but was wondering if a .25-284 likes a short or long action? I'm guessing short, but if it likes a long action, I might have to go that route instead ...

WGM

Nov 22, 2007
Baton Rouge, LA
that's what I thought ... I might just have to do a .257roy or a .25-06 then ...

or, trade the rifle/action for a shorty ...

Jamison

Nov 19, 2007
West Tennessee
That buddy is me, and they are holding me an '06 and a 7 mag til tomorrow. They have to close the register at 10 pm and it was 9:30 when I got there...I'll probably snag whatever they have tomorrow when I get there in addition to the two they are holding. They were all they could find in the back at the time.
I have an "I'll take it" on the Ti stock on the Fire, and will slam one of them in that stock and top it with a 6x42 and talleys i already have in the safe. Think the donor'll shoot? ;)

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
No big deal on the one I missed...I'm guessing shootingnurse saw my move and decided to get off his ass....

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
I don't like the whole Dave, I'm waiting for shootingnurse to respond. He made an offer earlier. If he doesn't want it, it's yours.

I prefer I'll take it wins.

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
Jane, life is good. Don't have much 'net time these days, but all else is well. It's a strange part of the world...

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
Yeah, there's good folks here and they're fun to work with. The food sucks, not sure about the beads. You can order those anyway, with or without the string....

tueur de mésange

Nov 25, 2007
Yeah, your sick Bro made that joke on the other board.....googled it...and have been a new person since;grin;...

Do you still get free food?

VAnimrod

Nov 27, 2007
One of the $379 RSAUM M7s that Steelhead knows the whereabouts of..... set up as a .25SAUM?

'Tis a thought..... even if I don't have enough coffee for such yet this a.m.....

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Simply the nod to tote the 7Shamu. Didn't unfold that way,as a 7-08,25-284,25-06AI,22-250AI and a 223AI were in tow.

Had some unforeseen weather build,took some swells over the stern and knocked much of the goody offa 3 rifles in particular.

Roundeye wrecked nicely on the motorcycle,got used by a pretty fair Buck and I'm thinking the first day of this R&R isn't to be forgotten anytime soon.

Accrued fresh dents in my boat,as well.

Honked in 2 Bucks on the new Call too(thanks Bill/Dave)...............

VAnimrod

Nov 27, 2007
What call are y'all usin'?

Call in bucks in this area would be like using black magic. NO ONE does it, swears it can't/don't work, and won't even try it. Hell, findin' a call is next to impossible.

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
None in our group will ever reveal the origin of the new call, sworn to secrecy by whiskey oath.

For time tested standbys, look to Kmeer Deer, Lohman #30, and the like...

Alternatively, stretch friction tape between two small pieces of wood, tightly, and adjust tension to desired sound.

VAnimrod

Nov 27, 2007
Can try the kmeer deer, if it can found local before the season is history..... 'tis only pennies.

Thanks,

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The new call has amazing volume,if one desires. Can like the tone and it'll deal a wisp of raspiness,should one be inclined.

The Great One is headed to where you called me in the middle of the night,when Uncle Jim and BW were trying to kill you. I'm heading opposite,to where Humper and I lit shit up last year..............

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
I like the fuzzy tones on occasion.

The Great One's after Shorty's bucks...grin.

Good luck to all today.