data-csrf="1714267042,6ed0e50aa141c379b492d14e6110aac1" Fifty shades of gray.... | As Real As It Gets

Fifty shades of gray....

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Well, maybe not fifty but 6 or 7 anyway....

Since the brain trust in the Indiana DNR decided to add more cartridges to the list for rifles for deer I pulled this donor 300WM from the safe and put her to work.

Rem factory SPS 300WM barreled action
McM Hunter, Rhino camo
Timney Calvin trigger
Kampfeld pimped the bolt
Talleys and a 3.5-15 NXS

Took her out this morning to do some fireforming. After a sight in at 100 I recorded this 10 shot group at 200. The barrel was not allowed to cool. The mirage was brutal the last couple shots. The load was a mid range quantity of H1000 pushing some 220 SMK.

Fucking shame that Remington factory barrels don't shoot......

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'd still build whatever the fuck I wanted,do a DEEP crown and stamp whatever was requisite on the barrel shank.

She'd be The Placebo................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've always been pury handy at doing what the fuck I want,when the fuck I want.

That approach works best for me.............

standeford

Feb 3, 2009
Tennessee
I am ahead of my time, having smashed them with 0.243" bullets on my place for years. Nice to see the law catch up a bit.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I've never taken a poll,on what I'm gonna punch a Tag with and have always simply used whatever the mood aligned.

Have heard good thangs about 6mm's............(grin)

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Ran into a problem with this barreled action. When I got up to top end loads I started to see primary extraction issues. This is the 3rd belted mag Rem action that I've had that had this problem. All 3 would work fine with factory load level fodder but wouldn't extract with high end loads.

Sent the barreled action out to Long Rifles Inc. Got it back 9 days later with the bolt handle moved forward allowing full cam acton upon extraction. They both silver soldered and tigged the handle back in place. The finish wasn't disturbed.

Thanks to Chad and the gang for the quick turnaround and quality service!!