data-csrf="1714131474,6847ffaa76eb8e69df733894f30ee548" Grundens Rain gear ? | As Real As It Gets

Grundens Rain gear ?

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I was wondering who is using their gear and how you feel about it.I am in the market for some good rain gear and there stuff looks good.What is the difference between their parker and jacket.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
It’s ok. They really went big time with a million different variations of pvc rainwear. Some of it’s really thin stuff.

my favorite jacket is actually a Guy Cotten Chinook. Wear it all summer, and hunt in it too. I wear a heavier grundens bib. The lighter stuff just doesn’t hold up.

Reactions: 22 skadoo

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Herkules or bust,as Grunden goes and it's lonnnngggggggggg been THE staple forever.

As far as Sporty Spice Rainwear,I'm still not in love with anything and have way too much of it.(grin)

It's easier to just say "fuck it" and get wet,because it's gonna happen anyhow,due weather or sweat..............

Reactions: 22 skadoo

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
Hi Stick I checked out the Grunden Herkules Bib pants but did not see a Herkules jacket or parker.I was looking at the Grunden Brigg 44 Parker and I was wondering which jacket or parker of theirs you like.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Let's slooowwwwww down,back up and describe what you are hoping to accomplish? Sorting a tow on the backdeck of a 'Dragger,is different than glassing wide open spaces.

Start at the start.............

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I am looking for keep me dry rain gear for glassing in the woods and working around the house.I have been true a couple of HH Impertech coats but they start to leak after a couple of years.It is a shame the HH did not hold up because I really liked that they were light weight and very comfortable.

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Have long put Herk bibs over Xtra Tuffs (with added thick wool insoles to keep feet warm and reasonably dry) for salmon pursuits, working a good Chesapeake Bay retriver and work around the house like pressure washing, etc. Sadly, the 'Tuffs are no longer made in America. Just purchased a new pair so we'll see how they fare in due course.