data-csrf="1714345344,c91b8d2f8f7b7494d9bf1188b8ce3c12" Howdy guys | As Real As It Gets

Howdy guys

Lonny

Nov 30, 2007
Idaho
Looks like you guys have built a real nice lodge here.

I recognize some of the locals that have shared some rifle knowledge with me in the past and saved me a bunch of money and trouble in the process. Thanks for the help.

Not much to say except that I'm a just guy who gets out in the shit and manages to put some critters on the ground every year and trying to improve along the way. I got a couple boys coming up and my priorites will change to helping them shorten their learning curve, like my Dad busted his ass to help me when I was starting out.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Don't pass anything along to those boys,that you'd not want passed onto you,regarding tools and duds.

I think that a prudent minimum barometer,for longterm fun and investment................

Lonny

Nov 30, 2007
Idaho
You are oh-so-right.

I see so many youngsters that get absolute shit for clothes and equipment. That usually dampens the spirit and turns the whole deal sour.

As a side note, I watched a guy brow-beat his kids at a lake last summer. He was cussing at them anytime they didn't cast right or had the sligtest problem with their tackle, and as you can guess, the $15 Walmart rod/reel combos fucked up with regularity. I felt sorry for the kids because you could tell what started off as something fun, turned out shitty. That guy deserved as serious ass-kickin'.

pullit

Nov 18, 2007
I used to coach JOAD (Junior Olympic Archery Development) and you would see kids that did not want to be there or be shooting bow but Dad was making the kids come because he shot therefore his kids "must" want to.
Or the 45lb kid that was trying to shoot his dads 50 lbs bow...

If kids want to do something borrow the right stuff until they find out if they like it then buy the right stuff....

Saw more than one Dad yelling at his kids for not doing something right. Heck if we all did everything right everytime it would be a perfect world.
Your right about making you want to kick their ass....