data-csrf="1714305247,26529b79d4a7bb0f1c15502cddb759f8" If I wanted a Chunk | As Real As It Gets

If I wanted a Chunk

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
The light came on after watching a vid on rail guns shooting 5 shots in .2-.3 at 200 and the vid on NSS of the guy shooting the Savage, 15 shots less than MOA at 600.

Having only Montana's, lever actions, rimfires and a lonely 600, one chunk might be fun, a heavy rifle with a short barrel for the bench off bags.

A NSS 7.5T 6.5x47 about 18", HV or Bull and threaded for a can on a Walmart ADL. I am not sure on the stock, but topped with an SWFA SS is my first thought.

I would like to hear suggestions on the stock, an estimated weight and alternate builds, or even off-the-shelf suggestions are fine as well.

d2junky

Feb 10, 2010
Mickey A5 is a like a sore dick....can't beat it.

One stop shop at NSS and skip the WalLy World eBay sell off. Mainly because I'm hip deep in milk jugs I haven't sold and boxes full of xmark triggers. They have actions as well.

Somewhere north of 12lbs.

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
TXNative said:
The light came on after watching a vid on rail guns shooting 5 shots in .2-.3 at 200 and the vid on NSS of the guy shooting the Savage, 15 shots less than MOA at 600.

Having only Montana's, lever actions, rimfires and a lonely 600, one chunk might be fun, a heavy rifle with a short barrel for the bench off bags.

A NSS 7.5T 6.5x47 about 18", HV or Bull and threaded for a can on a Walmart ADL. I am not sure on the stock, but topped with an SWFA SS is my first thought.

I would like to hear suggestions on the stock, an estimated weight and alternate builds, or even off-the-shelf suggestions are fine as well.
Bout time.... Grin....

Everybody needs at least one big girl under their belt.

On a stock budget... There's Gayboe, Boyds, HS, etc.

If you want to skip the sore pecker, Manners by a mile! Gotta admit I do like my A5s though....

Apr 3, 2010
This is my first one and haven't shot it much yet. I must say I love it though. Pic is first 5 shots ever shot using 140 Bergers and IMR4451. Needless to say it is going to outshoot me by a bit. Weighs 13 pounds, maybe a bit more. 6.5x47, medium palma Hawk Hill at 22". Calvin Elite trigger, CDI bottom metal.

Apr 3, 2010
Here is what I would start with:
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/2385/Remington+ACTION+700+SA+SS+308

Apr 3, 2010
Remsen, are you right in that 13 pound range? Maybe a little lighter with the Rem varmint?

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
I assembled mine over time with a budget in mind and it shoots and handles very well.

-700 SA
-Criterion LV 24" (bigger than a Rem varmint in the midde but less at the muzzle)
-Greybull precision stock(soon to be inlet for DBM)
-Old style Rem trigger with Holland spring (2 lbs)
-Fixed 10x
-About 12.5 lbs with bipod and scope. DBM will add a little more.

[img:left]http://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/640x480q90/923/kBh1Bi.jpg[/img]

remsen

Dec 9, 2007
Danville, CA
30338 said:
Remsen, are you right in that 13 pound range? Maybe a little lighter with the Rem varmint?
I think it was about 12, maybe a few ounces over. Definitely heavy, but for less intense hunts it never bothers me in the field.

Apr 3, 2010
dakotagun said:
I assembled mine over time with a budget in mind and it shoots and handles very well.

-700 SA
-Criterion LV 24" (bigger than a Rem varmint in the midde but less at the muzzle)
-Greybull precision stock(soon to be inlet for DBM)
-Old style Rem trigger with Holland spring (2 lbs)
-Fixed 10x
-About 12.5 lbs with bipod and scope. DBM will add a little more.
Whats' it chambered in? Looks nice.

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
Nice rigs, I do see a trend.

Although I see the appeal of walking into the local shop and out with a CTR and straight to the range.

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
If your not totally on th 6.5x47 train have a look at a 6mmbr it will blow your mind. If your looking at budget priced stocks Ive built a few with the greybull and really like them. B&C is making an adjustable a5 knock off as is boyds. 6.5x47 is a nice caliber but so is creedmore, and now Alpha is making 6creed brass as well.

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
I am shooting 223, 6x47, 6.5x47 and 7WSM and have a bucket full of 75 and 105 Amax's. I did not stock up on 6.5's but it seems to be a good blend of max BC with moderate recoil.

What would be the reason to choose 6mm over 6.5mm?

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
TXNative said:
I am shooting 223, 6x47, 6.5x47 and 7WSM and have a bucket full of 75 and 105 Amax's. I did not stock up on 6.5's but it seems to be a good blend of max BC with moderate recoil.

What would be the reason to choose 6mm over 6.5mm?
Struggling with the same question myself. I have a SAAMI 243 and a 6.5 creed. Both are set up for high BC bullets, both shoot well, recoil seems same. Accuracy, same.

I'm probably leaning towards the 6.5's longer barrel life & mild manners more every time I shoot it. Also, I think the fact that my 223AI is nipping at the heals of the 243 to 600 yards has me thinking that the 6.5 offers more separation when stepping up. If I'm long bombing(which I don't do near enough), I'd grab the 6.5 first.

Still, I dig a 6mm...

Clear as mud?

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Once you shoot a 6br the appeal is undeniable. Accuracy is ridiculous, recoil pretty much non existent and it only burns 30 grains of powder to make the magic happen.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
It boils down to trigger time and good come-ups.

There's lotsa ways to skin them cats and I've custom Rifles chambered in every chambering cited thus far,excepting the 264x47.

Fun is a factor that cain't be discounted and it tends to reliably grease the skids towards trigger time and good dope. Them things are building blocks,like no other. With all them chamberings along tow on an outing,the 6BR do more than hold it's own,despite burning less powder.

Do not discount the sanctity of amazing consistency and THAT is the 6BR's Trump Card.................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
In fairness...the 18" Vudoo has more than got the most trigger time this pass,though there's lotsa others in the crummy.

Less is just soooooooooooo very often more and fuels FUN,like no other.................

Oatmealsavage82

Nov 15, 2011
Alberta Canada
Big Stick said:
In fairness...the 18" Vudoo has more than got the most trigger time this pass,though there's lotsa others in the crummy.

Less is just soooooooooooo very often more and fuels FUN,like no other.................
I watched the vidjas been kicking the idea of a stiller rimfire repeater around for a while and then you went and mind fucked me.

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
Stick,

Good point on fun factor & trigger time. I've not thought of it that way before. Reflecting back on things, the importance of both have been realized over the years without me even acknowledging it. Them criteria carry more weight than many things and should be given due consideration.

My "best" (rifle, chambering, etc) doesn't do any good if it's sitting in the safe when handier & more fun stuff gets the trigger time.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Alotta things in regard to trigger time,are a commonality,that'll spill over from platform to platform. One CONSTANT is,that the longest,heaviest,loudest,hardest kicking shit...do NOT get used the most(by anyone) and most folks ain't very good with same(and that's being VERY fucking nice).

Everyone's "long shot" or "far" is different and I simply term it as any/all things beyond zero range. That whether it's a FWB 300 or a Six Twat-Six. The same principles apply and the commonality of Physics connecting dots reliably,is assuredly a concrete foundation from which to build upon.

Will the gent who rattles a tin of JSB Exacts through the 300 every week,be wellllllllllll ahead of the gent who guns but a coupla boxes of ammo through the Twat-Six a year? Yep. NOTHING replaces/replicates trigger time and projectiles being sent the other side of zero. If the platform is sound,come-ups found and things hold zero/repeat...then a LOT can be learned and abilities improved. Things once pondered as being "impossible",soon become blasse' and one can easily improve as much as they want. Such things have long interested me,if only because it never don't not connect dots by literal default.

I get these questions every day,everywhere I go and most are quick to try and purchase Ninjatude,less paying the price of actual practice. That would be nice,but the fruits of trigger time cain't ever be cheated. So most are starry-eyed with Newfangled Wizardy and caught up in trying to buy ability,which is a dead end trail. Hand 'em a $400 Krunchenticker with magfed 75's and let 'em crunch 900yd steel on the first poke and them initial thoughts,reliably change. Very few folks have even the foggiest of notions,how much available splendor there is,in something as "lowly" as a killer 22LR. Everyone THINKS they "know",but it simply ain't in the cards,until they see/do it themselves.

Some are quick to think that it's ALL an Equipment Race and while it is true,that not all wares are equal(or close),it is still very easy to align Splendor,while shopping smart. Bullets rate far more thinking than they get and a scope's sole purpose is to steer bullets and them two constants,fuck folks up the most.

Conjoin Fun,with them constants and good shit is happening under the radar,by default. A guy is gonna learn a bunch more than just a lot,in a single outing,by slingin' through a brick of 22LR ammo in a Skookum platform,while chasing less than perfect conditions. Being able to read/dope wind in such a PRECISE manner,do translate handily to all other wares in the larder.

Nobody teaches wind right and that one still blows my mind.

There's a bunch to be said,for your most Fun shit,to just "happen" to be your BEST shit too.................(grin)

deflave

Mar 11, 2010
Havre, MT
Stick,

Have you tried a Bergara of any flavor? I have the HMR in a .308 (my most despised chambering) and it shoots really well.

Travis

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Finger fucked a few and it's an easy pass for me.

I think if I had to pick an OEM Three Oh Not So Great,it'd be an FN SPR A1 and I'd yerk the OEM DBM attempt out,go Stealth and try to shoot the chrome outta the barrel.

Them bitches are slick and mine was a fucking hammer...............

d2junky

Feb 10, 2010
I would echo the same. Mine was spooky and urged a naked fluted 20" purchase from cdnn when they blew them out. I have yet to shoot that bitch because I bought it for a creedmoor donor when nobody was makin them.

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
What's the chance the 6 Creech will take off the like the 6.5 and Hornady will launch a 112-115 ELD?

I am leaning towards the 6X47 with a 7T barrel but the 105+ bullet choice is slim.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
It's off to a slow start. Already the high-volume maker, Ruger, has used a marginal twist for super-heavies: 1:7.7. Barrett went with 1:7 for their Creed and .243, but they're a small player for now.
But we can hope. Kimber will probably chamber the Montana in 6 CM and ship it with a 9 twist just to aggravate us. If SAAMI says 8, it'll be 8. But SAAMI hasn't published anything on it yet.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
TXNative said:
What's the chance the 6 Creech will take off the like the 6.5 and Hornady will launch a 112-115 ELD?

I am leaning towards the 6X47 with a 7T barrel but the 105+ bullet choice is slim.
Holding pat with the 6 Kreedmire and 108's at 3050fps,don't suck.

Very easy way to reap killer brass,a Smooch and stay in OEM confines.............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
DZNNF7 said:
It's off to a slow start. Already the high-volume maker, Ruger, has used a marginal twist for super-heavies: 1:7.7. Barrett went with 1:7 for their Creed and .243, but they're a small player for now.
But we can hope. Kimber will probably chamber the Montana in 6 CM and ship it with a 9 twist just to aggravate us. If SAAMI says 8, it'll be 8. But SAAMI hasn't published anything on it yet.
Barrett has the DISTINCT advantage,with a 3.00" COAL. The Montucky will never be able to play that game.

A 7" Montucky 22 Kreedmire would connect available dots...............

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
The 6x47 is a lot of fun for sure.

A heavy varmint in a chassis is at the top of the list since heavy is the point of this one. The A5 would be nice but I don't want to wait.

Thoughts?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Chesapeake said:
Rugers new toy for 2018 is the 6.5 PRC.
Tough to get giddy about a longer case,bigger boltface and Hornady brass. Could see folks rebarreling 325 Whizzum's to PRC,on a 3" Montucky and scratching an itch...but other than that,the COAL isn't there.

I shoot 147's at 2900fps in my 24" 260AI and that doesn't suck. I'd simply rather gun Kreedmire 147's,because it's a friendlier parcel(less bark/bite) and a better mechanical design in regards to COAL(AICS DBM's in the whole herd,excepting my Barrett). A coupla clicks on an erector has never made a fuck to me and I'd be amazed if there was anybody anywhere,who'd gun more PRC than they would Kreed'.

Less is sooooooo very often,so much more...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
TXNative said:
The 6x47 is a lot of fun for sure.

A heavy varmint in a chassis is at the top of the list since heavy is the point of this one. The A5 would be nice but I don't want to wait.

Thoughts?
Don't skimp on yourself.

Personally,once contours hit VS/PSS-ish...a Chassis is the LAST thing I'm thinking/wanting and the A5 is reliably at the top of the list...............

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
TXNative said:

Soon as DW stomps his feet hard enough...we'll see the takeoff.

#OUTDOOR LIFE

105,115 Bergers
115 DTacs
110 Sierras
108 ELDMs
105 JLK
105 Scenar/Scenar L

What's not to like? And you said you have a "bucket" full of ol school 105 AMaxes....

May could see Hornady throwing a 115ish ELD out there in the future. For now that 108 is monster. Getting 3040 out of a suppressed 20" tube.

Skip the chassis. Manners....again...grin...

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
Big Stick said:
DZNNF7 said:
Barrett has the DISTINCT advantage,with a 3.00" COAL. The Montucky will never be able to play that game.

A 7" Montucky 22 Kreedmire would connect available dots...............
Finally got to get my paws on a FC in a LSG..

Gezzus gawd that's a BAD little bitch.

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
Yep, I went crazy on 75 and 105 amax's and they changed the recipe, I never say it coming but I like them both.

Who the hell is DW?

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
TXNative said:
Yep, I went crazy on 75 and 105 amax's and they changed the recipe, I never say it coming but I like them both.

Who the hell is DW?
I'll take both of your hands....you have my number. Gonna be up in your country next week and can arrange pickup..grin..

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
TXNative said:
Is that due to being seriously front heavy?
Balance/handling matters more than a bunch to me.

A5 ergo's are forgiving and they do alotta shit right,without any Fluff...............

Armed Ferret

Dec 18, 2007
Maryland, wishing it was TX
Chunks are shitty for anything other than range work or sitting in a box blind.

But hoooooly balls are they fun when they come out. I almost was gonna set up for a 6.5 large frame AR, but have come full circle and it's gonna be a bolt rig.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Tough to whoop a 22 Grendel and 75 ELD Smooches for Black Gun Fun.

I don't know if I've got anything in an A5,that's over 22". Losing length,sure helps and my 19" Heavy 270...ain't exactly a bad time.

None of my Kreedmires(in both 6mm and 6.5's) are over 22"..............

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
Emailed James about using my 6x47 reamer and he sent me his drawing, so close to mine I decided to order what he had on hand, 28" bull with a 7 twist, nut and wrench, should be here this week. I will shoot it first and then chop it at 21" and eventually get it threaded at 20".

Found a used Boyd's Pro Varmint laminate, 78 bucks to the door, showed up today and looks brand new.

Have a bobbed Weaver 20 moa rail, Sig Z-rings and plenty of SS's to pick from...gotta find an action now.

Any good *free* way to hold the lug in place when I tighten the nut?

Cuando

Oct 23, 2014
James sells an action wrench with a set up to hold a lug.

Just finished a chunk myself.

6 Dasher
TL3 that I sent back for DLC
NSS/Shilen Rem Varmint chopped to 22"
McM A5 - Black Friday give away
PTG Stealth
CE 2 stage
SWFA 10x MQ

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
Nice rifle and shooting!

I was hoping there is a way to secure the lug without buying tools, I made my own action vise and barrel wrench.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
There is if you notch the action - the lug he sold you probably has the pin for it.

Check the pics here: http://www.accuracy-tech.com/remage-conversions-explained/

Easy if you have a mill, harder if you have to pay for the milling - and at that point opting for a pin is probably the better bet. Or just pay for the wrench.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
James' Lug Bitch is a GREAT way to fly...if you drive his lugs.

You can NOT miss indexing square.

I've course centered who knows how many dozens of various lugs by hand/eye...but James has this shit VERY well figured out...................

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Everyone note how Stick again posts the pic with a background made up of virgin BR brass.

ridgeline

Mar 22, 2009
australia
Slicked these up yesterday at the LGS, both of the same lot number is a nice bonus.. Now I have no choice but to build a 6BR... *grin* So ordered a S/S 1-7" #3 Pacnor and Primal guts to get the ball rolling...

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
Nice.....I got an idea for a lug alignment tool that a piece of pipe, bandsaw and the Tig welder might save me some cash. Preliminary fit up and tips the scales at 13.5 with the 28" barrel. I thought about doing this way back with Savage's but definitely should have gone this route when the Remage hit the market.

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
Had to get creative to compress the ejector but got it out.

Used cad to layout out a bullseye with crosshairs on paper, the same diameter as the action, wrapped it with a single layer of masking tape and marked the bottom center of the action. I only have a GO gauge so I screwed the action together, torqued the nut by hand with the short tool and checked the GO gauge, bolt dropped right in place. Added a single layer of Scotch tape measuring .002" on the GO gauge and the bolt would not close.

Torqued the nut to 30 ft-lbs and rechecked the headspace and again after I torqued the nut to 50 ft-lbs. Checked headspace again and there was slight resistance on the GO gauge.

Hogged out the old bedding and made some room for the nut. Dug the epoxy out of the trigger adjustment screws and dropped it down to ~1 lb, robbed the screws off my daughter's ADL and bolted it together.

Should be able to send a few down the tube tomorrow and bed it tomorrow night.

No money spent on tools this round, easy peasy.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm pretty quick to trust Lapooey and/or Alpha case uniformity. In BR I simply grab 90% of the neck with .003" constriction ala bushing die and headspace to that.

If/when bumping Virgins down(6 Kreedmire from 6.5 Kreed' Alpha Virgins),I do same or perhaps a CH more sizing and headspace same. That leaves me room with a sizer,to chase anything/everything after being formed,yet allows positive headspace on the first and most important poke.

I don't trust gauges,to reflect upon my Virgins............

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
I didn't think about comparing the new Lapua to the gauge.

I worked up from 38.5-40.1 of RL17 and 105 Amax's after bore sighting, groups tightened up nicely after velocity started climbing. Trigger is no way close to a 1 lb, more like 3.5 lbs compared to the Montana's.

It should tighten up nicely with some trigger work and bedding, average of the five groups is .69 MOA.

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
I found about .004" difference in the 5-6 I measured, headspace off the shortest or longest?

dakotagun

Jan 25, 2017
Shitsville
If you're already shooting the gun just measure some fired cases and compare them to the virgins. If the GO is snuggish, you should be sitting pretty good. I bet the fired cases aren't growing more than 3 thou(.003") which is just fine. Still, it's easy enough to check so you aren't relying solely on the gauge to get where you need be.

I've run into it on the other end where my HS was tight so my dies wouldn't size enough to bump the shoulders. This is also easily remedied, several different ways.

You'll likely be in good shape leaving it right where you've got it.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
TXNative said:
I found about .004" difference in the 5-6 I measured, headspace off the shortest or longest?
It helps to size Virgins,to establish consistency and then positive headspace same.

Hint.................

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
Which PTG bottom metal and mags do I need?

I have not done a conversion, any tips?

How about bolts, are those included with the BM?

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
It made 3250 with '17 so I am chopping the barrel to 21-22" tonight but threaded at 20 should be about right.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Anything that'll take AICS footprint mags. What is your greatest COAL,amongst the boolits you favor? That'll dictate mag selection.

Fasteners and pillars are included,with every DBM I've ever bought,from a wide host of Makers.

Only "tip" is,to not linger...you'll never look back..................

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
I am gonna shoot up the 105's and restock with 108's, I don't really have an interest in other bullets. The 105's are 2.62 at the longest.

I will order this one if I can find it in stock

http://pacifictoolandgauge.com/remington-700-detachable-mag-bottom-metal-dbm/5209-remington-short-action-sa-tactical-stealth-m5-detach-mag-bottom-metal.html

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I have lotsa those DBM's and have never had an issue.

You'll be able to use any AICS footprint magazine you like,with the 108's...which won't suck...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Just found some more Mail,that got buried.

PVA AICS 6BR conversion guts.

Gots a BR in the backseat and will assemble one of these real quick and toss it in the crummy for the day,to see WTF...as compared to Primal...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
No thang,stabbing a PVS 6BR conversion in a real AICS. Chop spacer,chop spring and you are there.

LOTSA room,even with a 110 Sugar Smooch..............

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
Should the x47 feed fine without that conversion?

I backed the loads down and I still think it's too hot, 39.6 averaging 3110 @ 22" and cratering primers.

TXNative

Jan 27, 2013
Accuracy is still good, 38.4 gr of '17 was a .8" ten shot yesterday, internet commando group with the same was .3" three shot with the Magnetospeed hanging off the barrel.

Hondo64d

Feb 19, 2015
The Big Country
TXNative said:

I backed the loads down and I still think it's too hot, 39.6 averaging 3110 @ 22" and cratering primers.
My 6.5x47 feeds perfectly out of stock AI and Magpul mags. With the x47, I actually prefer the magpuls. COAL constraints are easily met and the magpuls are less grabby than the metal mags. Smooth as butter...

John

Brett

Oct 19, 2013
OK
Hondo64d said:
TXNative said:

My 6.5x47 feeds perfectly out of stock AI and Magpul mags. With the x47, I actually prefer the magpuls. COAL constraints are easily met and the magpuls are less grabby than the metal mags. Smooth as butter...

John
My 6.5x47 also feeds fine out of stock AICS mags.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
TXNative said:

The BR conversion is to shorten things up,so reliable feed/function is assured ala BR case. The '47,XC,Kreedmire and those of the ilk,bolster enough case length,to be happy in typical OEM COAL latitude...which is why you can gun any fucking mag you wish(save the shortened BR conversions),with the COAL you cited.

I tend to default to 5-rounders for Utility,but seen me form THE fuck outta cases today in the BMFOTP...while slamming MDT poly 10's in it's nether regions.

The 16x MQ soooooooooooo fucking sucks!...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
1000 quick words,as boolits get coated and cases lubed.

Primal and PVA AICS bindered DBM 6BR mag conversions. 6BR on far left,fired 6 Kreedmire and loaded 6 XC dummy round,then 6BR again...for scale.

The BR's short inherent case length,impedes feed/function fro typical 2.815" COAL mag confines,whether ADL,BDL or DBM.

On my BR Montucky,I shimmed the front of the box internally,with a Faux-esque aluminum feedramp and it's a greasy bitch. First tried the stern and it had issues,keeping the casehead high enough,in relation to the bolt's nose.

An 8" RPM or faster BR,is a straight up Mind Fuck...back to The Loading Bench,to fuel tomorrow............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Here's a Hornie 105 HPBT kiss in my Heavy BR,loaded in a bindered AICS,wearing PVA BR guts. There's room to work with.(grin)

It'll grant 2.540" COAL....................

Cuando

Oct 23, 2014
Thanks. I had Shilen custom throat a 108 ELD pretty long, but I think it'll fit.

Cuando

Oct 23, 2014
Been running a couple ARC mags with no bobbles. Surprised you haven't R&D'd any yet.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Cuando said:
Thanks. I had Shilen custom throat a 108 ELD pretty long, but I think it'll fit.
You got lotsa moves,with going binderless,if requisite. As cited,the 110 Sugar will kiss the same throat and happily nestle PVA bindered guts.

Nice to have them choices. I'm in Hornie HPBT Mode,simply because I dig the AK AK ammo boxes..............(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Cuando said:
Been running a couple ARC mags with no bobbles. Surprised you haven't R&D'd any yet.
Hit me with a link to what you're running and I'll get some coming.

Obliged..................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
10-rounders,2.97" COAL and outta stock.

Mags in transit or in packs,would puke that payload...due COAL slop relative to requisite length,to arrange 105 Smooch.................

okbow87

Jan 2, 2013
OKC, OK
ARC mags will prob be a hard pass for you Stick. Lots of guys having feeding issues once they get a little dirty. Followers like to nose dive and rounds get stuck on the inside walls of the mag. Do a little research on them and you will find plenty of whine out there. There is even a guy 3D printing new followers for them bc there such a problem.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Were they closer to BR requisite length,they might could be made to work. Anything with that much COAL slop...is simply gonna reliably spill the beans.

AICS poly 10rd 223 mags,massage nicely to BR and are positive in retention.................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm more than comfy with my binderless mags,they've done been proven...but if there was a 6BR angle I was missin',I'd cut a check to see WTF..................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Chunk Assembly this evening.

Prolly gonna be just fine and mebbe even shoot a smidge.....................(grin)

Jordan Smith

Nov 26, 2015
Chesapeake said:
Have a pard that found they fail reliably with creed and 308 length cases as well if you get them dusty.
Hmmm, I haven't seen that yet with the few I play with, but I'll keep an eye open...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Virgin Positive Headspace established and Binderless Smooch oriented.

Trigger swapaloo,30 MOA rail install,DBM inlet...kiss,find pressure,rock on and then show time................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
No issues with with weather/dirt/grit/grime,or rounds slip slidin' away in a ruck or in transit?.................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Ruger re-branded bindered AICS footprint 10-rounders...seemed a little wonky with BR guts. The follower was a CH too long fore to aft and I'll keep poly 10-rounders slated as BR Donors.

Sometimes you gotsta remove a binder,to get where you wanna be operating at.

Last batcha Montucky 180 ELD Whizzum's,tracked identical velocities on a trio of pokes...and I'm just HOPING the wind starts cranking up......................(grin)

Jordan Smith

Nov 26, 2015
'26 and 7828ssc are driving the 180's at 2995 out of a 25.5" Krieger and 2935 out of the 24" Montucky barrel. Little bugholes and trite dispersion numbers are the norm...