data-csrf="1714262226,9cc05573083737d40d060dd29cd82341" It ain't Alaska, but...... | As Real As It Gets

It ain't Alaska, but......

2muchgun

Nov 26, 2007
sittin' here drinkin' beer
There is an area up in the U.P. called the Sceney Swamp that has some particularly huge bucks. Not too many people venture too far in because you may not get back out. You'd need waders and a canoe. It is dark on a sunny day in there. The swamp is at least 30 miles long. I know an old man who has shot about 20 bucks in there that would all make the record books if he gave a shit. One day, before I get too old, I need to conquer Sceney Swamp.....

2muchgun

Nov 26, 2007
sittin' here drinkin' beer
Here are some pics out of my favorite tree stand in the cedar swamp. It is a little honey hole/clearing........

Behind me, leading into the field, shooting lane......

To my left.........

Left center.......there's a spiker in this pic, but too hard to see from all the brush. He's at about 11 0'clock......

Right center....

Right.......

Have taken around 30 deer out of this spot in the last 11 years. No dinks......

pullit

Nov 18, 2007
I could like it except for the tree stand thing. We use them down here as well and I have found I don't bounce very well.....

Mac84

Nov 20, 2007
MI gets pretty hilly in the northern lower. A BIG contrast to the bottom half.

Brad Arnett

Nov 17, 2007
Michigan
2mg, where'bouts on the Ausable? I have trout fished most of it from Mio to Glennie...Some of the terrain can get nice when you cross the bridge and head west as well.

Brad Arnett

Nov 17, 2007
Michigan
Steelhead said:
I just might end up in Sault Ste Marie next year.
If I ain't setting where you are now, I will stop in up there and buy you a beer or 3. Hopefully by then I will be busy checking out all the "X's" on the map you leave me....grin

Mac84

Nov 20, 2007
13 more years in the bottom of the thumb and I'm getting the fuck outta here. I can deal with being called troll or apple picker for a place in the U.P.