data-csrf="1711637223,b0ced8239ecadcfa35cbac5f4557f96a" Krunchenticker guidance.... | As Real As It Gets

Krunchenticker guidance....

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
... hope I didn’t FredIII that up too much...Grin.

I’ll be the first to say, I’m dumb as hell on the AR stuff. Used a handful up on high volume aerial shooting back in the day, but other than that I haven’t had much use for them. I’ve got several collecting dust...

Currently looking into a 6.5 Grendel upper. I don’t want any spray and pray shit and 99% of the time it’ll be run suppressed, so short and sweet with an adjustable gas block is my style. I don’t wanna mess with building one from the ground up either.

Lead me to water....

starsky

Jul 17, 2012
Colorado
I went LaRue Ultimate Upper kit on mine. Pretty easy to build it yourself and drop it on a lower of your choosing. Or you can have LaRue put it together for you. I went 223, but they’ve got an 18” 6.5 Grendel option.

I’m really impressed with the accuracy...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Knew it.....

Spill your guts.

IMHO,there's a LOT to be said for KNOWING what makes one tick. That in both the short and long terms.

There's sooooooooo much fucking Hype and overinflated bullshit associated with Krunchentickers,that it's plum amazing.

I like S/S(actually LOVE it),so I'd default there. If 99% percent of Pursuits are Muffled,I'd go 16". You can't have too much barrel RPM,so I'd weigh that for Sub's and the like. The adjustable block as you cite,is a given. Simply pick furniture that suits your taste,as well as the upper proper and you are there. I'm not an "extra" Upper Guy,so I'd simply build a complete rifle and cut to the fucking chase...if only because schit might not ever be this inexpensive again. Ideally,you can find a kit,or existing upper that scratches said itch and be into it with complete BCG,for next to nothing.

There's no downside to the approach and these are the GOOD Old Days.

I wouldn't linger...............

bgold

Jul 30, 2008
Missouri
There aren't a lot of factory built ARs that I would choose over one I built myself. My 17 year old just built one...it isn't all that hard to do it and do it right.

d2junky

Feb 10, 2010
My first build was a Grendel. Sourced a clearance BHW 18” barrel with bolt for a penance.
Shoots the Hornady Black 123 so well I’ll never work a load for it.
Build. It’s one of the most consistently accurate guns I own. And I swore I’d never succumb to the dark side.

260madman

Aug 19, 2014
I wonder if PSA stopped shipping that upper with a 9mm bolt and 20” barrel? At least hire a monkey that knows parts so they don’t completely fuck it up. Happened to a friend of mine. When he sent the pics to me I was giggling out loud. PSA took it back and he ordered a UU from Texas. It shoots amazing.

My buddy works for a large AR mfg and does a ton of work on ARs of all makes. He wanted turnkey and it lived up to the hype. The company he works for hasn’t touched the G yet but they’re very busy with everything else they have.

ptarmigan

Apr 13, 2008
Anchortown
I put one together for my boy to take caibou hunting. Same upper as Stick posted there. I don't roll my own but the fusions shoot pretty good out of it. 3 shots @ 100yds before I took it hunting.

MontanaMan

Nov 28, 2007
IMHO,there's a LOT to be said for KNOWING what makes one tick. That in both the short and long terms.

There's sooooooooo much fucking Hype and overinflated bullshit associated with Krunchentickers,that it's plum amazing.

I like S/S(actually LOVE it),so I'd default there. If 99% percent of Pursuits are Muffled,I'd go 16". You can't have too much barrel RPM,so I'd weigh that for Sub's and the like. The adjustable block as you cite,is a given. Simply pick furniture that suits your taste,as well as the upper proper and you are there. I'm not an "extra" Upper Guy,so I'd simply build a complete rifle and cut to the fucking chase...if only because schit might not ever be this inexpensive again. Ideally,you can find a kit,or existing upper that scratches said itch and be into it with complete BCG,for next to nothing.

There's no downside to the approach and these are the GOOD Old Days.

I wouldn't linger...............
Best advice you'll get. Old thread so if'n you didn't do it already, the price of admission has gone up by 2x or more.

If yer still contemplatin', buy a PSA kit or an upper & a lower of you can find one or go the wohole hog & build form scratch...........lots of validity in knowin' one from the ground up.

MM