data-csrf="1711717251,e7d57565aed7826078f49c8cb98112d3" Leupold PRW height | As Real As It Gets

Leupold PRW height

westernsloper

Nov 16, 2019
I have some weaver bases laying around and wanted to mount some rings that work on weaver bases. The scope is an SWFA 6x42. The Leupold PRWs look solid. Just wondering if anyone has a similar setup and what heights they’re using.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Of course.

Barrel contour determines much,as do receiver type and bolt handle/knob configuration.

You can get into as much trouble on the ocular,as the objective.................

406 SBC

Jun 5, 2010
I've puked two sets of PRW rings now. The clamp bar isn't as robust at it appears. Probably my fault as I'm certain they were farmer tight +P. I used them for years, but those two experiences soured my appetite.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
What bases? 1913 or Weaver?

I got 'em on alotta platforms,with nary an issue and have seen me TQ shit...............(grin)

406 SBC

Jun 5, 2010
1913, I hadn't consider that the 1913 geometry might eat'em. I threw this last failure on the shelf. I sent the first set back to Leupold, which they replaced, but I haven't done anything with these others. I'll post a pic to show the puke. Same failure both times. I've used them for years without concern, but when a style fails twice it gives me pause. Though I admit I may be at fault. I'd rather use stuff that I can't as easily break on accident...

406 SBC

Jun 5, 2010
Last set was mounted on a Leupold Mark 4 two-piece, I believe the other was a Burris Xtreme two-piece, but could've been Nightforce one-piece. I can't remember now and I swap enough stuff around I sometimes get confused. I do know that it was a steel base as that's all I use.

406 SBC

Jun 5, 2010
I do recall that the first set was a first generation and the clamp screws were more recessed than later models. I hoped more meat would produce a better result for me. Pretty sure I've only got one set in operation now and it's a range toy fast twist 22-250. If it pukes, I'll bring it home and swap it out for the next steel session. I just don't have warm and fuzzies for them on hunting rifles, but still admit I may be at fault with the +P torque value. I've never had a pair of Seekins hiccup and that's been the default replacement...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Few things more important,than the warm/fuzzy and I weight that more than most could fathom.

If/when talking a "flat" ring(no inclination),I'll happily grab SWFA Low's...because their surface area and number of fasteners,is warmer and fuzzier than fuck.................(grin)