data-csrf="1714327809,3c13e5614d75c7b20e5e6a0606017375" Mcmillan Game Scout vs A5 ? | As Real As It Gets

Mcmillan Game Scout vs A5 ?

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
I own an A5 and like it,I was wondering about the game scout stock.Does anyone have both to compare them.

Painless

Administrator
I too was thinking the Gamescout would be a nice tweener stock but the A5 has no peer and if it is anything varmintish or bigger the A5 will get the nod. I think SuperSeal has/had one and if I remember correctly I think he wasn't real fond of it. On the other hand Ramhunter has one and I think he likes it.

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Not really an apples to apples comparison. The Gamescout is nothing more than a Classic with the verticle grip. The A5 will handle a heavier barrel up to a straight cylinder where the GS tops out at the Sendero / varmint profile. If you like the verticle grip and don't want the bulk of the tactical style stock the GS may be your huckleberry.

Don't have a A5 any longer but do have a GS that's destined for a 7mag with a #4 or 5 profile.

CR

22 skadoo

Dec 9, 2007
NJ
It looks like Mcmillian has a stock called the game warden now.Just wish i could handle all these new stocks.Hate to order something i did not like.I don't think any thing is going to fit me as well as an A5.Thanks for the info.