data-csrf="1711636529,9caf81eb9e405d600fad035686f3dff5" Messing with the Drone | As Real As It Gets

Messing with the Drone

wireman

Apr 7, 2012
Idaho
Thank you, but to be fair, y’all never see the stuff that doesn’t turn out. 😎
Also, my last drone is upside down100’ up a large cottonwood in Boise.
Heading to Texas next week to maybe see some of that immigration stuff going on.
sometimes I wish I wasn’t 70😁😁

wireman

Apr 7, 2012
Idaho
Mavic Pro platinum.
After sticking the first one in a tree, I would have gone with the P2 with the Hasselblad camera, but now I have 2 controllers, tons of propellers, 6 batteries and if I can get the other one down, some spare parts.

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Thank you, but to be fair, y’all never see the stuff that doesn’t turn out. 😎
Also, my last drone is upside down100’ up a large cottonwood in Boise.
Heading to Texas next week to maybe see some of that immigration stuff going on.
sometimes I wish I wasn’t 70😁😁
I haven't had any time to watch any "news" going on in the world... What is going on in in Texas?

Also, that is pretty sweet stuff. Well done.

wireman

Apr 7, 2012
Idaho

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Nice. Have been ogling the Mavic 2 Zoom for forensic work. Much easier/cheaper than scheduling a 100-ft (+) snorkle lift. Have subbed that work out in the past but would rather add to my bank account. You have your FAA Part 107?

wireman

Apr 7, 2012
Idaho
Nice. Have been ogling the Mavic 2 Zoom for forensic work. Much easier/cheaper than scheduling a 100-ft (+) snorkle lift. Have subbed that work out in the past but would rather add to my bank account. You have your FAA Part 107?
Yes. I've had it a couple years.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Nice. We have enough guys with drones now in my area that some pretty spectacular footage of the herring spawn should show up in a few weeks.

Tillerjunkey

Dec 21, 2013
Was into the drone but short lived after photographing some things I wanted. Havent video'd anything yet but the ease of these things is stupid simple. For me it doesnt replace the fun of a camera so I am selling mine. Just isnt my bag but they are kinda cool.

Attachments

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Haven't crashed it yet!

(or flown it)

It's a dji spark, which is a little tiny guy and discontinued, and therefore cheap.

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
So, it seems you neglected to watch all the "Rookie Pilot Mistakes" youtube vids before you powered up? Seems to recall the old physics maxim about two bodies occupying the same space at the same time, or some such.

I'll have one at some point for both work and fun. Looking forward to your vids after repairs.... *grin*

Reactions: wireman

Tillerjunkey

Dec 21, 2013
Took some amazing pics today from 250' up (will dowload later) then thought how cool it would be to take it to golf course ext door and grab some pics of the pond etc....

Wrong. Mother QTY$#%$^Y^$Y% fired up and lifted, then decided on its own to fly south .... fast as shit, zero response from the controller. AS I shook my head and started walking that way I realized there is a pond as big as a lake and the stupid drone bitch is gone.

Walked for 10 mins.....finally gave up and as I was heading back thinking about throwing the controller into the pond and calling it a wash when I hear a loud WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR over my head.

Holy mother @$#%Y$^U this thing .... the battery got low and it decided to come home ... which it does to the controller. God damn thing landed at my feet, on the green. Smooth as possible like I was piloting it.

LOL

fucking technology ... guess I better catch up. Sitting on the battery dock now and hope to fly it again tomorrow.

wireman

Apr 7, 2012
Idaho
Took some amazing pics today from 250' up (will dowload later) then thought how cool it would be to take it to golf course ext door and grab some pics of the pond etc....

Wrong. Mother QTY$#%$^Y^$Y% fired up and lifted, then decided on its own to fly south .... fast as shit, zero response from the controller. AS I shook my head and started walking that way I realized there is a pond as big as a lake and the stupid drone bitch is gone.

Walked for 10 mins.....finally gave up and as I was heading back thinking about throwing the controller into the pond and calling it a wash when I hear a loud WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR over my head.

Holy mother @$#%Y$^U this thing .... the battery got low and it decided to come home ... which it does to the controller. God damn thing landed at my feet, on the green. Smooth as possible like I was piloting it.

LOL

fucking technology ... guess I better catch up. Sitting on the battery dock now and hope to fly it again tomorrow.
That's some funny shit.
The loss of signal and low battery and such responses can save your ass though.
Will putting the controller in sport mode make the drone stop and hover? I know it does for me when I'm using an AutoPilot program.
Glad you got yours back, as I never found my first one.
Droned a friends new property for him.

Tillerjunkey

Dec 21, 2013
I think I am still more impressed that the sum bitch came back....

Stick - I can attest to bein hard on stuff. I am good at breaking shit even when they claim it unbreakable. Kinda how I roll.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Can see where that would be fun,but I'm hard on shit and not many Golf Courses here...............(grin)

You should get one. And by that I mean get 3, so one survives. :)

Did some flying by the creek, trimmed some brush, and sort of shocked that everything worked out.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Blowing 50 and pouring rain currently. Even if I found a Golf Course,we don't get much weather..................(grin)

Tillerjunkey

Dec 21, 2013
You should get one. And by that I mean get 3, so one survives. :)

Did some flying by the creek, trimmed some brush, and sort of shocked that everything worked out.
I agree - Stick would post up some hilarious, and of course really cool stuff with it.

They are fun. Next outing will actually remember to even put the little video card in so I can record......

One cant have enough toys.

Tillerjunkey

Dec 21, 2013
Will putting the controller in sport mode make the drone stop and hover? I know it does for me when I'm using an AutoPilot program.
I am not using the learn mode anymore and so it now has full range etc. I did hit the home button but I think the batteries in te controller might have bene weak causing the fly away? I thought about hitting that little red button but figured it would just drop into the pond.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
It'd be funner than fuck,to film Bears. Pard passed (5) night before last and shot the 8th one he saw last night(7-footer plus).

Doing my best to avoid same,othewise I'll be driving the knife...............(grin)

Reactions: wireman

wireman

Apr 7, 2012
Idaho
Wireman, you ever been to the Valdez air show? Seems like it would be up your alley.

I have not but it looks like a blast

Apr 3, 2010
Daughter runs this one for work. Amazing photo and video quality on it. She programs it to fly a grid over the project and turns it loose. Once the battery gets low, it automatically returns to the lift off spot for a new battery. Replaces battery, hits resume and it rockets back to the spot it turned around at and resumes filming. Cool technology but not something I really have a need for. Great for realtors out west though for photographing listings and stuff like that.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Same here. Chuck had a client try to drone the sea lions at addington. No coming back from that little mission. His exact words were “my wife is going to be so pissed”

I was fishing the other day, looked up and a drone was overhead. WTF.