data-csrf="1623894960,3aa4c27178e06de888936b972ece5dfc" Non insulated boots....... | As Real As It Gets

Non insulated boots.......

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
I'm heading out on a Wyoming Elk bowhunt in September. I'm looking for a non insulated boot that's lightweight and waterproof. I guess it doesn't have to be leather and can be synthetic. I dunno if a good hiking boot would work or not. Any suggestions?

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Crispi fits me really well and have been great so far. Only 2 seasons with them though.

I think mine are called the Colorado. I don't like high or insulated boots at all, these fit the bill for me all year.

Apr 3, 2010
Scarpa makes some great boots that are extremely stiff. I like them for coming out with heavy loads a lot. I'd try some on if you can find them.

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Recently went through this process as well. Fortunately, there's an REI and Cabelas not too far yonder so I had the opportunity to try lots of options. Went with a La Sportiva Trango Tech that seemed to hug my feet. Very light weight, excellent torsional stiffness for side-hilling and a GTX liner to keep the toes dry in snow. Lowa Camino GTX were a very close second. Both from REI. Hope to have opportunities to do some backpacking/scouting this summer to see how they do in the field.

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
Thanks for the replies. I didn't like whatever Cabelas had and didn't make it to REI yet. So I looked into the Meindl Vacuum and ordered a pair. I really like the Perfekt hunters that I have had for years. So I'm gonna give them a shot. These are made in Germany like my others.

Apr 3, 2010
I replace about every shoe and boot insert with the Green Superfeet insoles. Has a made a huge difference for me. May try those once you buy some boots.