data-csrf="1714122571,67fdc3c47d9457bda261699ae916f6f9" Out Of The Stone Age............. | As Real As It Gets

Out Of The Stone Age.............

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Curious here as well. They didn't look like a bad setup, and that's not who I expected to produce a solid rifle.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
20" S/S Seex Kreedmire 1-7.5" RPM. They are pretty bitches,for whatever that might be worth?!?(grin)

Obviously,they ship nicely,in a dedicated padded case and that can't suck. The tie downs inside,being another good idea and a nice surprise. Inside the inside of the attached secondary case,rests the bolt and a thread protector. I was initially reaching for a hacksaw,but got lucky and felt the thread protector hidden inside.

EVERYTHING metal,is well thunked and makes sense................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I like that the receiver has double Blow Holes for gas handling and they are 180-degrees adjacent,in the front receiver ring,obviously behind the locking lugs. Simplistic and foolproof,which are rather good "odds".

The stock is knowed quantities as it's an A.G. Composite,wearing a Decelerator,that is exceptionally well done. Inletting is Skookum and there is no bedding,which is appreciated and a cost savings to boot. The recoil lug is very generous,but I get it.

The DBM is alloy,triggers are TT's and the bolt is VERY smooth. The scope rail is REALLY fastened on there,as I removed all the fasteners and it wouldn't budge. I gave it a coupla GB taps,which did nothing,so gooped fasteners and proclaimed it "GOOD!". It's a 700 footprint 20 MOA 1913 rail,wearing 6-48's and I'm warm/fuzzy there.

All that being said and spot on,stock ergo's are subjective. I find the fore end rather angular and rakish,with nothing rounded. Pards commented likewise. The butt's underside is similar,but hands don't ride there,so it's moot. Though obviously well constructed,the front might fuck some folks up. It wears QD cups both port and starboard(tail of stern too),less a sling stud anywhere,which is great for me. With (5) choices,I reckon you can find a place to make your sling happy.

I'll play with headspace,throat and the like,here in a bit...but two thumbs up,thus far.................

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Looks like they pretty well covered all of the typical change outs most people do.
Looking forward to the accuracy report.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
If only to touch upon The Double Blow Hole again.

For the Numbers Guys.(grin)

A TOTALLY random piece of Sig Virgin brass,established positive headspace.

The throat is in a nice place too. With a 112 'Burner Square Smooch at 2.925" COAL. Binderless AICS could give a fuck less.(grin)

Were a guy to set down and put pen to paper,in order to mechanically connect dots...she do it all. Cleaning rod confirmed the 1-7.5" RPM billing............

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
My new pistol company has decided to build interesting rifles, and my old pistol company now builds rangefinders, scopes and brass that interests me, but not so much pistols. Interesting times, for sure.

Reactions: Joshf303

tnv

Dec 25, 2007
TN
Which headspace gauge is that?

Reactions: WhiskeyTango

Joshf303

Dec 24, 2014
I like that the receiver has double Blow Holes for gas handling and they are 180-degrees adjacent,in the front receiver ring,obviously behind the locking lugs. Simplistic and foolproof,which are rather good "odds".

The stock is knowed quantities as it's an A.G. Composite,wearing a Decelerator,that is exceptionally well done. Inletting is Skookum and there is no bedding,which is appreciated and a cost savings to boot. The recoil lug is very generous,but I get it.

The DBM is alloy,triggers are TT's and the bolt is VERY smooth. The scope rail is REALLY fastened on there,as I removed all the fasteners and it wouldn't budge. I gave it a coupla GB taps,which did nothing,so gooped fasteners and proclaimed it "GOOD!". It's a 700 footprint 20 MOA 1913 rail,wearing 6-48's and I'm warm/fuzzy there.

All that being said and spot on,stock ergo's are subjective. I find the fore end rather angular and rakish,with nothing rounded. Pards commented likewise. The butt's underside is similar,but hands don't ride there,so it's moot. Though obviously well constructed,the front might fuck some folks up. It wears QD cups both port and starboard(tail of stern too),less a sling stud anywhere,which is great for me. With (5) choices,I reckon you can find a place to make your sling happy.

I'll play with headspace,throat and the like,here in a bit...but two thumbs up,thus far.................
Looks like the stock is milled to accept MLok pic or ARCA rails at the tip…

Is there some sort of metal backing plate in the inside of the stock, or allowed to snug up against fiberglass?

Reactions: wolfman

SnowshoeWalker

Oct 1, 2018
Alaska
Pards QD mount loosened up and came out on the butt end. He glued it back in and Springfield sent him another stock. Might be handy to have 2 AG's :D

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
That's the first one I've seen anywhere that didn't have a carbon barrel...or that wasn't chambered in 30Hate!

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts comparing it to the Seekins...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
No bedding or mechanical changes,other than put the TT trigger where I liked it to break.

Loaded (10rds) to a Square Smooch,as illustrated above,with single powder charge. Hip shot Round #1,as per my always. Flung #2 at 25yd paper. Adjusted and fired (3) at 100yds,for a total of 5rds. I'm not fretting much.(grin)

Will be mass poducing,here directly..............

Chesapeake

Aug 24, 2010
SW Washington
I see the non-carbon tube rigs are a bit cheaper. I’ve not seen one of those in person yet. The shops around here all carry the carbon over tube model in 6.5CM and PRC.
Ill have to keep my eyes peeled. My chubby 6.5CM could use a skinny sister.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Kinda,but not really.

That Moly Batch is what I'd term Medium Rare,yet same properties. I have (6) Seex Kreeds and am always in R&D Mode. Some eat '17,others Super' and this H4831. Bullets are 105 HORNIE HPBT's,108 ELD's,110 Sugars and 112 MB's.

In the 20" spout,it's gonna cost some speed,so it's easy to up BC(.620 112's) and play with powder. Erector is saying 2950fps,which jives and I'm certainly not fretting same.

There's method to The Madness.................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
The 77 Tranny 243,do like they do with 105's and that don't suck.

ADG 260 Virgin false shoulders,4831 and a Smooch. Time to mass produce............

260madman

Aug 19, 2014
Who makes the action? I would think prefits are available for when the time comes. Defiance?

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Barrels are easy and it's no thang to put stamps on a box,with an action inside. I prefer to pick my poison.................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm not happy,unless groups are round,but this was a series of being hasty.

The Tranny was bought used and it hadn't been shot much. First order of business was to remove the brake,then hacksaw off the muzzle threads someone put on it. Then a quickaloo crown. From there it was a JB Mission to strip the bore,reassemble and poke glass of repute aboard.

Hasty Trio above,is shots 8,9 and 10 through it,laying Moly down,in the sterile bore. It will shoot better,as it seasons,but the quick zero gets me in bidness. Was helping a couple other guys who were ALL fucked up,with schit rifles,schit mounts and schit glass...which was pretty fucking amazing.

I shoulda whooped out the GOOD Shit I had in tow,but didn't want to cause a bigger scene and left them to their devices. No need for Critters to be aspooked.................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Shot come-ups this morning early,figuring a Northerly was gonna raise it's head. Lotsa my steel is iced/snowed,but I could get to 1100yds easily and it's fucking money.

The Tranny is mechanically solid...............

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I saw both the Waypoint and Havak at Scheel's in Eden Prairie, MN, last week. They are both really nice, but I think I liked the Havak a little better than the Waypoint. Too bad there isn't an off-the-shelf 22CM offering.

I built something similar, a couple years ago in 6.5CM (22" carbon barrel & AG Comp handle). I'd like to do another one with a 1-7" .223 and even shorter barrel, similar to the Christensen Ridgeline Scout. Here's the 6.5:

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Midway had the Ridgeline Scout down around $1600 during the Black Friday sales. I was tempted, but I already have everything I need for the build, except a 1-7" barrel.

Reactions: dznnf7

Horse1

Dec 31, 2007
In the vicinity of dandihood
I saw both the Waypoint and Havak at Scheel's in Eden Prairie, MN, last week. They are both really nice, but I think I liked the Havak a little better than the Waypoint. Too bad there isn't an off-the-shelf 22CM offering.

I built something similar, a couple years ago in 6.5CM (22" carbon barrel & AG Comp handle). I'd like to do another one with a 1-7" .223 and even shorter barrel, similar to the Christensen Ridgeline Scout. Here's the 6.5:

Fierce Firearms offers a 22CM 1:7.5 twist off their shelf. It's priced similarly to the 2020. I haven't the 1st clue if they're worth a damn or not though.