data-csrf="1714247908,ca651a0c89a14be76d987b7b5c61c80c" Pendelton | As Real As It Gets

Pendelton

Angry Scotsman

Nov 18, 2007
Orygun
It tastes great, is named after a the town a hundred miles down the road from me, and is aged longer than Crown. I like the fact that it doesn't sound Canook.

fogswamp

Nov 19, 2007
Very good whisky...........Just had some Snake River Stampede, old style bottle w/cork, bottled in Corvalis Ore, best Ive had that wasn't from over the border, like Gibsons.

Angry Scotsman

Nov 18, 2007
Orygun
Interesting. I didn't realize Corvallis had a bottling plant. I'll look for some. Interesting to see companies on the west side of the state naming their firewater after locations on the east side. I'm guessing names like Sweet Home and Mount Angel wouldn't sell too well....

fogswamp

Nov 19, 2007
Yeah, no one new where it came from, Somebody thought they got it in Idaho, but we were lookin at the bottom of the bottle then, all it said was bottled in Corvalis, if you find it let me know.....

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Wow... I thought I would get a lot more disagreement on this. Guess there is something to the "good taste" thing.

When I was in college, (in Corvallis) HRD was bottom of the barrel stuff, and probably still is in most forms. But I've been a big fan of the Pendelton since introduced to it. A buddy of mine still refers to it as "rebranded" HRD. Ahhh... the puns.

Jamie

Nov 17, 2007
Oly. WA
Is this the same Pendelton that has all the amo. and other top secret shit burried on that mil. reserve?

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I can neither confirm nor deny...

Um, yes, well, close enough. I believe the really bad shit is at Umatilla.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I remember the days of sourcing HRD RotGut Vodka,as panty remover for the Cheerleaders and it always working well.

Not quite as good as JungleJuice...but fuck....what is?!!?..............

MikeNZ

Nov 18, 2007
New Zealand
We used sherry and L+P (Lemon and Paeroa - Local soft drink sorta like lemonade with a bit more lemon added) for the panty remover.

Then we would drive up to the top of Mount Victoria (Wellington, New Zealand) that had magnificent views of Wellington harbour to watch the "submarine racing".

You'd look down at the harbour, and the chick would say "Where are the submarines racing?". You'd have to say " Well, you can't actully see them, but they are racing. While we are waiting, have another sherry and L+P...."

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
We mixed EverClear in 30 gallon garbage cans,added HawaiinPunch and copious amount of fruit and ice,stirred with a stick and then line bitches up and party like a Rock Star.

Would like to speak to a few of those now housewives and chat about water under that bridge...................(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm married more happily than anyone I know and 'tis only the conversations,that intrigue me....................

Painless

Administrator
have done the panty dropper hunch punch can, also have a few recipies that are illeagal in most of the 50 states. I love my crown and coke, as well as rum and coke. Will have to give the Pendelton a try. Most of the time I just drink beer.......Blake

Angry Scotsman

Nov 18, 2007
Orygun
cwh said:
Wow... I thought I would get a lot more disagreement on this. Guess there is something to the "good taste" thing.

When I was in college, (in Corvallis) HRD was bottom of the barrel stuff, and probably still is in most forms. But I've been a big fan of the Pendelton since introduced to it. A buddy of mine still refers to it as "rebranded" HRD. Ahhh... the puns.
HRD is still the same shit it used to be, and frankly I'm surprised that they bottle Pendleton. I don't think most people read the fine print while drinking.....

BTW, Guinness Stout, an Irish mud, is actually bottled and imported by Canooks not Irish----(I read the fine print).

Parish

Nov 18, 2007
Luhweezy-ana
I can't really like any of the Canadian style whiskey, as I find it light and kind of sweet. Not a fan of Crown or anything similar and prefer the Kentucky Bourbon style stuff like Maker's Mark, Woodford Reserve, Knob Creek, Booker's, etc. Old Forester is my everyday drink with a handful of ice cubes. I guess it is all in what you are used to, but I never could warm up to the heralded whiskey in the purple velvet bag.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Interesting... I'm the reverse, but for the same reason. To me, bourbon just has a sweet, nasty flavor, so I have to mix it with something. Pendelton and an ice cube in one hand and a beer in the other, and I'm good to go.