data-csrf="1714302254,04433022bbe6daec66ea5f296a51ddbd" Perscription glasses | As Real As It Gets

Perscription glasses

smwwoody

Nov 17, 2007
Neets Bay Alaska
Ok who wears glasses? I have just recently started wearing glasses.

how do you guys deal with them while hunting in the rain and snow. I ended up taking them off in the snow today then I could not see the sights. It is not a real big deal to go with out them when I have a scope. it also makes it hard to see game with out them.

this sucks

Steelhead

Nov 17, 2007
Here
Just had the eyes checked last week, still bettter than perfect near and far. I am SO happy I don't have to wear them.

How old are you?

Barbie

Nov 17, 2007
Baltimore, MD
I get around it in all weather by wearing contacts. I think i would go crazy if i had to wear my glasses while hunting unless they were sunglasses.

smwwoody

Nov 17, 2007
Neets Bay Alaska
I cant wear contacts at work I do a lot of welding. I wonder if it would be ok to only wear the contacts when hunting and around the house. Or I could just quit working and hunt all the time.

smwwoody said:
I cant wear contacts at work I do a lot of welding. I wonder if it would be ok to only wear the contacts when hunting and around the house. Or I could just quit working and hunt all the time.
I think either one of those options would work :grin:.

I had laser surgury over 10 years ago, and it changed my life. Glasses were a huge pain hunting in the dry Intermountain West -- I can't imagine what I would do here. But I guess I'm going to find out, because since the cataract surgury/lense replacement in my left eye -- I need a Rx for that eye.

Getting old ain't for sissies.

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
I'll have the laser eye surgery done by next hunting season, if not sooner. Boss just had it done in Seattle for $800 per eye, and he was done in 15 minutes.

I hate hiking/hunting in glasses..

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
Can't remember the name of the hospital, but I'll check it out before I do it.

It would suck to have them screw up your eyes..

Mac84

Nov 20, 2007
My Bro and Sis have both had lasik done years ago. No probs and still 20/20. I'm too chicken so I suffer contacts.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
When my vision slipped,it made me a better Hunter.

I slowed down,lived by my bino's and saw more than anyone else.

That streak continues...though I'd like my old eyes back................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I made it until I was 30-something and I got lenses because I was spooked to drive with my children at night.............

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
I've been wearing cheaters since the fifth grade. There are a couple of things that are a pain. Looking through bino's (you loose a little FOV), and they fog up at times. In the rain I just wear a waterproof ball cap and hunker the bill down on them. They do sell anti fog shit for bino lenses that probably would work for glasses. Never tried it though.

I did wear contacts before and in windy conditions my eyes water like a bitch.

Joe

Nov 21, 2007
Washington
I had the problem of my eyes not liking contacts had to sample a bunch of different brands be for I could wear them.

pullit

Nov 18, 2007
I have to wear glasses to read ect, but am fine when looking at things far off.