data-csrf="1714299557,af9ac498d6c85aa0284411119a7bc00a" Pocket Knife (Yes, Again) | As Real As It Gets

Pocket Knife (Yes, Again)

Horse1

Dec 31, 2007
In the vicinity of dandihood
Boker Kwaiken Air Mini. 3" VG-10 flipper. It's really small and the tip is REALLY "pointy". It's flattened but roughly the circumference of a belted magnum case. I've had mine about a month and I've run it across fine ceramic sticks a couple times when I felt like it needed it:

Boker

okbow87

Jan 2, 2013
OKC, OK
I picked up a Boker Nori carbon fiber a little while back and have enjoyed the blade shape and slimtitude of the entire package. VG-10 here as well.

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
I've got a lot of "office miles" on a Boker Urban Trapper. Very similar to the Kwaiken. Lotsa blade, not much comfort for heavy cuts, super light weight and flat.

Driftin'

Nov 16, 2009
Offshore
Some nice cutlery, gentlemen.

Emerson Mini Commander, serrated/black since it was introduced a couple decades ago.

A faithful EDC that has never been adjusted and still smoothly flips open. Skookum.

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
Got an OG Kwaiken with Ti scales ages ago. Took it apart because thats what I do. IKBS balls went everywhere. Finally found a source for the bearings and (we have moved since then) now can't find any of the screws or blade stop.

It was more of a gentleman's knife. I had to groove the flipper tab as it was machined smooth.

Dude270

Dec 23, 2014
I've been carrying a benchmade bugout with g10 scales for a couple of years and I like it as much as anything I've carried.

Light, slim and thin ground blade. They are pretty handy

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
I've been carrying a benchmade bugout with g10 scales for a couple of years and I like it as much as anything I've carried.

Light, slim and thin ground blade. They are pretty handy
Been carrying one of those with the carbon fiber scales in S90v for awhile. Definitely rides in a pocket nicely.

Nail

Feb 8, 2008
Mississippi
Got an OG Kwaiken with Ti scales ages ago. Took it apart because thats what I do. IKBS balls went everywhere. Finally found a source for the bearings and (we have moved since then) now can't find any of the screws or blade stop.

It was more of a gentleman's knife. I had to groove the flipper tab as it was machined smooth.

FWIW, I have reached out to Boker inquiring about replacement parts. I was told they cannot help me as they no longer offer that model. They did tell me I could send what I have to them and they will replace it with a new knife of similar retail value. I just pick something off of their site and tell them the model #.

I would like to get mine put back together but it's nice that they will give me a new blade for even though I screwed up and lost the parts.

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
I’ve been carrying Spyderco Delicas for a while now.

I use them for everything. Boxes, stripping wire, prepping fiber daily. Don’t think I’ve killed anything in the past 5-6 years that I didn’t gut with one either.

I get about 2 years out of one it seems, thought about trying something a little more stout.

I used to get the Delicas for less than half of retail, but the guy that got them for me can’t anymore. Don’t think they’re really worth the $80+. Down to the one im currently carrying and have one more NIB left.

Blade HQ (Blue Ridge Knives) is local. Used to have a walk in counter before they moved to a bigger warehouse. The employee discounts on certain knives used to be pretty insane, should have taken advantage and put away boxes of em.