data-csrf="1714394763,92a770a4af03101363b36d3085a48546" Red Dawn...(the Movie)............... | As Real As It Gets

Red Dawn...(the Movie)...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Hadn't seen it in years,but is rolling now...along with the 'Goose.

A fairly underestimated portrayal....................

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
That's the one with Harrison Ford as the Russian?

I remember being impressed that I couldn't hardly understand him with the accent. Then again, that was a while ago, and I've ciphered a few accents since - like to think I've perfected the science.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Doh... way off.

In that case, I expect to see a pic from this R&R with the rifle held over your head screaming "Wolverines".

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Nope.

Though Han Solo has flung a good performance or two...starting with "American Graffiti"................

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Fuckin with ya - but you knew that.

I think that's one of like 2 or 3 Tom Clancy books that I've actually read.

Generally I mock the literate for their book learnin'. A sure way to start an argument at my woman's parent's place is to say "There's a book I'd like to burn."

Or "Haven't we had enough Clinton presidents?"

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I can like a good read and infer nothing into it,more than the aptitude of the dude spinning the yarn.

Clancy does a little homework and it obviously shows...despite the loss in resolution,from text to film.

Prolly a pun there..................

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
Red Dawn is a damn good movie. All that hate's gonna burn you up, son...

On the Clancy side, lots of the Jack Ryan novels were good. One of my favorite books by Clancy was Without Remorse.

red44spl

Dec 6, 2007
New Mexico
I'll let him know....he's a shooter. Our rooms were back to back with a a divider. We'd pull it open and let both classes watch. Prinicpal was cool with it...

Oscarhunt

Nov 18, 2007
Big Stick said:
Lea Thompson...she's the Boner of most every month............
Just don't ask her to do the dishes ...

Always liked this movie, great inspiration for a young lad of 7 to raid his local Army Navy store and stock up on camo's. Although, I remember at the time being confused enough to ask pops why the bad guy thought he could call God on the radio, until Swayze showed up and the answered the question.

G

ONE of my favorites of all time---have the DVD!!

Always keep ammo "for your Grandpappys gun"!!!!

Do svidaniya!

Jiffy

Jan 29, 2008
Nodak
Red Dawn is a classic. They run it on AMC every now and then. Its one of those movies you just have to stop and watch when you come across it. Kind of like Jaws and Halloween.

Hoop

Dec 12, 2007
Central, AL
I have it on DVD. Needs to be remade with current gear.

That Mayor and his son are in every city. A 7.62 to the chest was too easy. Jed and that Sheen character pussed out. Surely there was something he held out on and needed to be beaten out of him.

Uncle Dave

Administrator
Nov 17, 2007
I love the line where the captured Russian defiantly vows to show them how a Russian soldier dies.

I've seen it before, pal...

teal

Dec 16, 2007
Missing, presumed dead.....

This isn't so much a movie as it is a "how to" film. I remember watching it with my grandfather when I was 7 - took me to the theater. Great flick and something that probably needs to be shown to every HS class.

Huntr

Jan 3, 2008
Damn! That is weird! I just watched Red Dawn last night also! I have always loved the the movie.......

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I just watched The Great One go off on "Fucking Jo-Ho's and Sand Niggers",via canoe ride,with two Cops setting but a table away in the Galley.

They'll not forget that jaunt...as the volume and verbage weren't to be mistaken.

He's always smooth that way..........................(grin)