data-csrf="1714262693,ee90b4d39a54e7ce54820d5e8b9bf8ce" Screw the Delta Draw, time to kill tutanka | As Real As It Gets

Screw the Delta Draw, time to kill tutanka

AKPredator

Nov 18, 2007
Fairbanks
Too many things fell in place to pass up this hunt. I'm headed to Montana on the 10th of December to go buffalo hunting. A buddy of mine is headed back to Billings for the winter, and has that week off from the slope, so I'll be flying down and staying with him. The nights and mornings we'll do some predator calling for badgers, fox and coyotes and on the 12th we head to the plains to go after buffalo. He'll back me up with the camcorder and I'll hopefully thread one with an arrow. Frequent flier miles took care of the airline ticket, so that coin will hopefully go towards a shoulder mount for the house.

I have a feeling my two week hitch is going to drag on now.

Joe

Nov 21, 2007
Washington
Been talking to some buddies about doing the same thing. It is only a days drive from hear. Should be a blast for you.

AKPredator

Nov 18, 2007
Fairbanks
There should be plenty of meat to go around, but I'm still working the logistics of getting it back from Montana. I'd like to have it hung and butchered down there, then have it shipped back up ready to go in the freezer. I figured the wild game processors would have the capability to hang, but that hasn't been the case so far. I'm also thinking about having the shoulder mount done down there and having it shipped back up. The rates up here are damn near double for the mounts, so the extra shipping cost would still make it less.

I'll give you guys a full report when I get back, should be a fun time.

AKPredator

Nov 18, 2007
Fairbanks
I'm going for a management bull. They said they have a couple of older bulls they want taken out of the herd, so that is what my pins will be set on. The mature management bulls are $1995 when available, and a trophy hunt is $4000, so it was a no brainer for me. The hunts in Delta are $2500 for a 2&1/2 year old bull and $3500 for a 3&1/2+ year old bull, which they don't have any of. I want to get some meat, as well as get a nice mature bull for the wall, so I scratched the Delta idea. I get to roam around in some new country as well, so there are a lot of added bonuses here.