data-csrf="1714339196,6ba52a31bc984eada1c563a288e5549f" Thanks Brother Dave | As Real As It Gets

Thanks Brother Dave

Adkstalker

Dec 2, 2007
Yankee stuck in Georgia
Hey everybody

Wanted to say thanks to Brother Dave for giving me the site info. I'm a member over at the 'fire, but try to keep a low profile and stay out of the shit.
As I' ve lurked I've picked up a lot of great info, some of that from many of you. Anyway, I'm happy to be part of this, if you'll have me. BTW, I enjoy drinking, cussing and titties. I think I'll like it here

Thanks
Adkstalker (Greg)

Adkstalker

Dec 2, 2007
Yankee stuck in Georgia
Hey Stick

Nice to "see" you again. You used to give advice to the masses daily, so you may not remember me, but you gave me some help with a Win model 70 270 rebuild. did some action work and added a Hart barrel. You helped me with contour and twist info. Anyway, thanks. Its still at gunsmith's in NY. I have since relocated to Georgia.

Greg

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Doin' my best,to avoid that Airsoft World and have had some success.(grin)

You know pics are mandated,after every build................

Adkstalker

Dec 2, 2007
Yankee stuck in Georgia
When you live in upstate NY your entire life and then move to GA....it's a culture shock to say the least. I'm a little homesick, miss my camp in the ADK's, the snow and good pizza. I missed hunting season this year, so I'm hearing about it over the phone from my camp mates. On the positive side, gun laws are non-existent compared to NY. I go to an indoor range to shoot my handguns, which is kinda cool. I'm having a little trouble finding an outdoor range longer than 100 yards. Real estate taxes are cheap.
Overall I'm adapting and eating a lot of BBQ. I hear a lot of "appreciate ya" and "have a blessed day" which is way different than NY and kind of freakin annoying after awhile.

Thanks

Greg

Parish

Nov 18, 2007
Luhweezy-ana
My buddy, who has been living in NY for the last 6 months, stopped by for a visit last night. He said folks up there gawked at him anytime he spoke, due to the accent, and everybody assumed he rode an airboat and ate alligators since he was from Louisiana. We laughed about how the stereotype is universal across the US and how everyone down here assumes that NY folks are assholes. He said that the asshole comment wasn't too far off-base, but that they were his kind of assholes. Welcome, BTW.

Adkstalker

Dec 2, 2007
Yankee stuck in Georgia
Folks from Louisiana are few and far between in NY. Where abouts is he? The first thing anyone needs to know about NY residents are they are classified as the upstate folks and downstate assholes. Once you figure that out your good to go. Not to say there arent some assholes upstate. (most likely relocated from the city)
The worst are the Jersey assholes. A whole breed to themselves.

Parish

Nov 18, 2007
Luhweezy-ana
He spent most of his days in NYC. That might have had something to do with it (grin). I know the north/south NY folk difference is bound to be stark, as us north LA folks are quite a bit different from the people living way down in the tip of the boot.

Adkstalker

Dec 2, 2007
Yankee stuck in Georgia
My wife really enjoyed going to the City. I admit, once a year or so, its fun. It has the best food anywhere I've been, and lots to do. Unfortunately it's full of assholes. Any longer than a weekend and I'm ready to get the fuck out. It's crazy, a buddy of mine is a Sgt on the NYPD, he just counts the days to hit 20 years!