data-csrf="1714099501,d49b7e9b2d23ae5be9ff1a967b8533fb" Tikka rimfire | As Real As It Gets

Tikka rimfire

Certifiable

Jun 10, 2015
Don’t think so on the shiny..?
smooth action... mag is not the prettiest but who cares. Loads 10 nice and easy and drops free via a smooth release.
Very decent trigger.
It was only at about 30 yards for the kids, but ran the KYL swingers with CCI SV more than once

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I could see folks hopping aboard,both in 22LR and Hummer,with the advent of S/S offerings.

Cain't see anyone leaving the S/S RAR train at the Station,as the Teekers are currently offered.................

Certifiable

Jun 10, 2015
True enough stick.. SS doesn’t have quite the appeal in my neck of the woods as it would in yours, as our atmospherics aren’t as tough on gear..
All things considered I’d rate them equal to the RAR’s with the stock on the tikka being a plus.
I won’t be selling any of my rimfire RAR’s tho as they have all (22, mag, hmr) been very good to me.

Would def try same in HMR but gotta keep saving 17 funds for the ONE

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
FWIW, I shot one last weekend at a match. The guy who shoots it, routinely kicks my ass in that match. The lightweight Vudoo did well, but the guy pulling the trigger didn't do it justice.

After the match, the winner who was shooting a Tikka offered to let me shoot his if I'd let him shoot my Vudoo. I obliged, as I like to help people spend money...

That little Tikka impressed the shit out of me. He's got the trigger low and it's not bad at all. The balance was really good too. Having shot beside him, it does fine on silhouettes out to 100 yards, which is all they shoot in that match.

It did impress me, which I did not expect at all...

Certifiable

Jun 10, 2015
Dude...
I don’t hate my CZ’s....but honestly they mostly sit while the predators and others get the nod.
I really do like this tikka and I can tell it’s going to see a lot of use.

7mmMato2

Oct 7, 2019
I bought one to use in NRL22 matches. It shoots the SK Standard really well. Put a Area 419 30moa rail on it and a 12x SWFA. Have shot it out to 200 yds and it is a hammer. Factory trigger adjusted down to 1.5 lbs. Will probably restock it with a Boyds At one at some point. Any misses are due to driver error out to 100yds. At 200 clays pigeons are toast. Now the little pieces left can get a little tougher. Really like the rifle and the SWFA makes it easy.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Dude, I’d probably go Tikka....especially since the magazine is better than the CZ.

There’s a pretty good deal on one in a KRG Bravo over at RFC right now.

It’s not mine and I don’t know the seller, but $725 is a decent deal.

Cuando

Oct 23, 2014
I liked your post but left a little angry face because I almost jumped on that one.

Good snag.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I've been fighting the urge, waiting on the 16" version, but I think I'm just going to buy one of the damned things. When they finally come out with a stubby one in stainless, I can trade up.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
There have been a couple of threads about a 16" version on 24hr and other forums, but no one has actually seen one in the states, yet.

Certifiable

Jun 10, 2015
Dan..appreciate the kudos but you’re talking to a man that can screw up a stick figure..

Since the stock is black, I used beige and green camo krylon and a regular old “sea” sponge from the hardware store that I cut up into couple inch chunks.

Spray a decent pool of one color onto a small paper plate and dab the sponge several times at first to get it to absorb some paint, then I just gently press/roll the sponge to apply. Pick up plenty of paint on the sponge after every couple dabs otherwise the paint will be thin on your stock. It’s hard not to go overboard and just keep dabbing but hold back cause you’ve still got one color to go and the black is already there. Let your first color dry for an hour or so then hit it with the second..

It’s pretty damn simple and I was very happy with how it turned out.
Best thing is if you think you could use a little extra here or there or maybe don’t like how that one spot turned out..just dab over it again

dznnf7

Apr 30, 2016
Looks great. When I've done similar, the last step was a coat or three of flat polyurethane spray. Not so much to protect the paint, but for the surface finish. It comes out just slightly grippy.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
You boys are gonna keep it up until I end up with one of these...I learned last night, that these will work in the base class for NRL22.

I don't think I have anything left that will work in that class, so if that's the case...I'll have one before long.

For those of you who have them, did you replace the plastic butt pad?

It reminds me of the one on the Sako Quad that I hunt with. That's the only knock on the Quad. FWIW, I did figure out that a Limbsaver recoil pad for a Sako or Tikka, would work on the Quad's stock, which made a world of difference. I assume the same is probably true with the T1X...

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I really want to snag one. Have an Anarchy Outdoors handle coming for the T3x. A clone .22 would be handy chopped to 16”.
Might as well set up a fixed price to chop/rethread and ceracoat these too. People like ordering off a menu!

7mmMato2

Oct 7, 2019
You boys are gonna keep it up until I end up with one of these...I learned last night, that these will work in the base class for NRL22.

I don't think I have anything left that will work in that class, so if that's the case...I'll have one before long.

For those of you who have them, did you replace the plastic butt pad?

It reminds me of the one on the Sako Quad that I hunt with. That's the only knock on the Quad. FWIW, I did figure out that a Limbsaver recoil pad for a Sako or Tikka, would work on the Quad's stock, which made a world of difference. I assume the same is probably true with the T1X...
I havent changed the pad on mine but have thought about it. A little extra length wouldnt be a bad thing.

ssmithrc12

Feb 8, 2021
Any owners of both the Tikka and the RAR? How do they compare? Hate to spend $100 for a blued barrel on the Tikka if the RAR offers comparable performance.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
I haven't had much success with the RAR's, although my 22 WMR RAR shoots great...

My Tikka shoots very well though...

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
RAR's tossed in plywood,have been rather impressive and the Hummers are wicked bastards. Have never even seen one in WMR,but crave a S/S in WSM!..................

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
i can't outshoot my t1x when running center-x

it's above average with cci standard.

things a hoot.

Ndbowhunter

May 18, 2021
yup, does a lot right

thinking of xraying the back of mine with a trg stock and making it a tidy package folded up

would like to upgrade barrel for balance/looks reasons but reports are that tikka didn't intent them to be uninstalled and this thing shoots as good as bulks gonna do anyways.

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
I picked up a Bergara BMR, yesterday. I looked at the display model at Sportsman's, before asking about the one I ordered. I was really disappointed at rifle they had on the shelf. The action was really rough and gritty feeling. The barrel was noticeably off-center in the barrel channel, which is probably not functionally important, but it bugged me.

I was going to walk away from the one I ordered, but the guy at the counter asked if I wanted to see it anyway. I'm glad I did! The BMR I took home with me with was much nicer than their display model. The action was a lot smoother, and the barrel was centered up the way it should be. After getting it home, I dry-fired it a few times with a snap cap, and the trigger was pretty nice. It broke about 2.5 pounds, right out of the box. I haven't tried tinkering with it, any.

I mounted a Leupold 2-7x I had sitting around, and it makes for a nice looking rifle. I'm anxious to shoot it, when the range opens up again, next month.

Here is my bolt action rimfire trio:

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Yes, the trip back to Christiansen got it feeding and cycling the way it should. I haven't shot it a whole bunch, but I like it when I do. The stock on the Ranger is nicer than the Bergara stock.

The Tikka has a smoother action, and certainly shoots well, but the stock just sucks and those magazines are fugly. I should have bought a KRG Bravo chassis for it, on Black Friday.