data-csrf="1714408306,535cee6b84f8765f35f5b0bb2ebfac5a" You ain't gonna believe this SHIT... | As Real As It Gets

You ain't gonna believe this SHIT...

Oklahoma

Dec 6, 2007
SE Okla
The wife and I have been on the road the last few days trying to get to Richmond, CA. The company I work for has sent me out to CA for a job and we where making our way out this week. The following story tells part of our trip. We where one the cars that he collided with in he story. Didn't get to see any of the police action as it happened after we where hit.

[size:14pt]Wrong-way driver plows down Highway 99, dies after struggle with police[/size]
VICTOR A. PATTON
vpatton@mercedsun-star.com

A man is dead after he drove the wrong way on Highway 99 in Merced on Thursday — and later struggled with Merced Police and California Highway Patrol officers.

The incident occurred after CHP dispatch received a 7:38 a.m. call about a man driving a silver Dodge truck southbound in the northbound lane of Highway 99, according to CHP spokesperson Shane Ferriera.

Ferriera said the man collided with several vehicles along the way and eventually came to a stop on the center median of the highway near the Childs Avenue exit.

A CHP officer ordered the man to exit the vehicle, which he refused to do, Ferriera said. A struggle ensued between the man and the officer, as the officer tried to physically remove the man from the truck.

At that point, the man began waving his arms and became combative with the officer. During the struggle, the officer struck the man with his night stick, Ferriera said.

The man fled on foot, running south on the highway — and climbed on top of a parked big rig, Ferriera said. By that time, Merced police had also arrived. The man, who had climbed on top of the big rig’s cab, was ordered to get off of the truck. While the man was on top of the truck, he was pepper-sprayed by officers, according to Merced Police Cmdr. Floyd Higdon.

When the suspect finally did jump off the truck, he continued to run from officers. Police said he was shot with a Taser at 7:47 a.m. to prevent him from running into oncoming traffic.

Although police tried to restrain the man after he fell on the ground, he continued to struggle, interlocking his fingers under his stomach. Officers then turned the suspect on his back and restrained him in handcuffs in front of his body, Higdon said.

After the man was finally restrained, however, he lost consciousness. Higdon said an ambulance was called at 7:49 a.m. and he was transported to Mercy Medical Center Merced. He was pronounced dead at 8:47 a.m.

Merced Police Lt. Bimley West said the man banged his own head against the highway while officers tried to restrain him. During the struggle, police said he also kicked Merced Police Officer Jason Hart in the shoulder, injuring him. Merced Police Officer Noemi Arellano and CHP Officer Shane Kensey also suffered from twisted ankles during the ordeal, police said.

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Glad to hear ya made it unscathed......

Have been privy to some crazy shit on the road myself.

Oklahoma

Dec 6, 2007
SE Okla
The wife and I are fine. Got a damn nice left front fender on the new Tukon. Them tasers aren't near as bad as the .45 I had locked up in the back of the Yukon. Can't say I am sorry the cops killed the SOB..... :grin: :grin: Just wish I could have been there to see it. Would have bought the boys a round of drinks if I would of had time. This cat was one wild eyed SOB when he came by us. He hit a total of 5 cars but didn't injure any one just some bent fenders and doors.

Was a hell of welcome to California..........

KodiakHntr

Dec 19, 2007
Northern BC
Wonder if maybe that was a meth run of some sort??

Often figured I'd rather take my chances with the tazer than be shot by cops, but now that I've seen more than a few of them shoot, I'd prefer that...

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I got in a little fender-bender in CA on I5 once when some genius decided the middle of the single lane of traffic open would be a great place to stop.

Car in front of me managed to skid to a stop in time, I didn't, and hence got the fault for a 3 car pileup, which I don't dispute. The "welcome to CA" for me was when the genius decided to sue two months later. Talking to the insurance guy on the phone, was about the only time I've liked talking to anyone in the insurance biz. He laughed, said they had no case, and were just grubbing for money, and I had nothing to worry about.

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Had an asswipe turn his brights on behind me in the middle of a fucking blizzard on the way back from Reno couple weekends back......I was driving past my fog and headlights at 25 and this fucker passed me at about 50plus......after he passes me, he passes my dad and flashed his brights at him too..

I was praying that the sonofabitch was gonna wreck, so I could take care of whatever the wreck didn't.

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
Big Stick said:
They oughtta shot that bastard too....................
That'd be cool, but I've a different idea. Leave the fucker breathe, castrate/remove organs so no reproduction can be had. Then you can show your kids and others what dumb motherfuckers act like.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Was riding with a buddy,when someone was playing the same game from his rear bumper. He simply said "hold on",less fanfare or drama and dynamited the brakes as we were doing 50mph+(dry roads).

Broke the other dude of that and in no uncertain terms. Did a rather impressive job to his grill/hood,as well as headlights.

The cat with the fresh dents,declined to stop and chew the fat,after the fact. We never heard a peep..................

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
I would have and have pulled a similiar trick, though the snow was 3 inches deep on the road with a 1" layer of ice......newborn on board and a tired momma.

To say the boy was lucky was an understatement.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I savvy. We were prolly only 19,pissed and mad...with noone to answer to.

One of these days I'll tell you boys about the Hitchhiker...both Round One and Two.............(grin)

Ochoco

Nov 18, 2007
CO
Gotta good one on hitchhikers, hippies, and a PA system......classic stuff.