data-csrf="1714157384,9b44f9067f7aa753e04590bed9b574af" You Bitches Awake?!?...……….. | As Real As It Gets

You Bitches Awake?!?...………..

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
News to me. Had a GREAT Hitch,which flew by and am anxious to go Cast & Blast.

Accidentally bought a new rifle today and look forward to getting home tomorrow. Bears loom and Salmon zoom,so there's no rest.

It's rough...…………………..(grin)

Lineman

Dec 31, 2010
VA
Archery and smallmouth mode here, when I'm not doing Little League.

Enjoying the hell out of it, but starting to look forward to fall.

Rolltide

rimfiretactical.com
Dec 15, 2007
Shot a silhouette match a month ago and then an NRL22 last weekend...

Another silhouette match this weekend...

That's about it for me...

Calvin

Nov 17, 2007
Visit site
8 days into a 12 day charter run. Things is busy. Got one day off from now till the big show on the 1st.

That’s all I know.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
I think I'm going to go retro and hunt the old mans 300 winny pre 64 for moose and caribou this year. Hell, if im feeling strong, maybe even for sheep.

What mounts dont suck for m70s?

Reactions: Norm 66

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
  • Deleted by cwh
Show…

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Jumped into a couple of new pistols: Canik TP9SFx and Springfield XDm 5.25" in 10mm....both are still in transit.

Scored 8k Montana Golds to feed them.

Ordered up a Holosun 407 to compare with the Vortex Venom I already have on my Buckmark.

I haven't monkeyed with pistols, much, lately. Looking forward to making some empties!

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
The Canik Race Bitches do intrigue.

Thoughts?..................
I handled a couple of other Caniks, but I ordered the SFx model, sight unseen. I liked the plain-jane ONE series TP9SF, and for $299 a copy, I'll probably end up with one at some point. Why not?

I finally saw an SFx in stock, locally, so I did get to fondle one while I'm waiting for mine to show up (ordered from PSA on June 4th). It's bigger than I thought it would be, which isn't a bad thing. I'm not planning on this being a carry pistol, more of a range blaster. The trigger is much better than any Glock I've handled, but it's still a striker-fired pistol. I'm looking forward to running an optic on this one. Should be fun and cheap to shoot!

Vek

Nov 3, 2009
Got 770 spots in four pots the other day, 1-hour soak...what's a good prawn pull up that way? PWS was always hit-and-miss, moreso than the San Juans. Middle kid hung a top-of-slot 22# lingcod same trip on a single-barbless-rigged live greenling, but top of slot here (36") is just a good start most other places.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Thanks for Canik thoughts...I reckon I'll have to plunge.

I love how you can feel a Greenling TRYING to get the fuck away,as a Ling' approaches!

Good stuff!

That soak to kill ratio is top notch,in ANY AO............................

Paul H

Nov 19, 2007
Alaska
Visit site
I'm hoping airtravel will return here so I can head home and catch some fish. There is a rumor flights will resume August 1st but no official announcement from the government.

Vek

Nov 3, 2009
It ain't always like that, but sometimes it is. They were there, and I happened to drop right on top of them. One time I saw us release about six gallons of high-grading culls at that spot, after finishing 160-each limits for a 6 man crew with 4 pots soaked twice. Double limits that year, for whatever reason, and we made it count. Most times we scratch out 30-100 per pot per soak.

The prawn trips are mostly an island picnic effort; if the weather is nice the kids would rather screw around jumping off the boat and playing on the beach than fishing, when we're not servicing pots. We've brought the gear with, but only this year are all three kids competent with a jig. Two years ago, while fooling around jigging close to the picnic spot, oldest boy at 10yo hung a small king that we had to release. Someone then caught a bait-size flounder. On the way home I stopped at a spot where I'd trolled up a big ling a few years back...dropped the live flounder on a similar rig and hung a 43" guy that was way outside the slot. Same fish? Dunno..Big bucketmouth at 35-ish#, particularly for down here. So two nice fish, on a day with pretty minimal fishing effort, both of which we had to release. Makes a guy miss AK!

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Been frustrating around here, still no real work....

Been spending my time out at the farm wrenching on the tractors and the usual mowing, bush hogging and wood cutting. Unfortunately it doesn’t pay much.

A gent on 24hcf listed a used McM A5 for a long action Winchester and seeing as that inlet dosen’t show up very often I snapped it up as it’s a better handle for my 7Mag than the HTG it was sitting in.

Had to inlet from 2 piece to 1 piece bottom metal, do a little body work and a paint job. Much better ergos for the heavy girl.

Vek

Nov 3, 2009
H&H length on that 70, or just "long"? I detect the faint odor of looming desecration.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
Custom baby...CUSTOM!

Just "long" and I might not even shoot it,as a 8" RPM 7mm is a beautiful thang................

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I'm thinkin' 24" MTU 8" RPM 7mm RemmieMag. Richards T-hole Target with 3-1/2" front in Electric Blue and no vents. 1" Decelerator and 1-1/4" channel.

Should shoot soft,put some Ooooomph on 180's and be a Sleeper of sorts.

Thunks?...................

Vek

Nov 3, 2009
Maximum Sacrilege would involve forcible bluing removal from the action and spray paint after. Not just "bead" blasting; mask off what's important and leave some real tooth behind.

Vek

Nov 3, 2009
Is there a boatyard around there, with an a.) big compressor, b.) big hopper, c.) big grit, and d.) big sandblast gun? Near-white-metal at a minimum.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
On the 1717D,I started and finished with 60-grit and it produced a PERFECT finish.

Mighta' used 40-grit here,but I don't exactly recall..................

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
Surrounded by Idiots in SW,PA
I'm stuck in Shit Jerzy with work. People are assholes, beer is expensive but I guess shit could be worse.

It's amazing the amount of fuckfaces that are price gouging on ammo due to the current buying splurge. They all need a double tap in the sack.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
I get to hear about shit like that,but haven't seen anything approaching it.

Though I don't tend to buy,when shit is gone and can buy ammo while getting gas...............(grin)

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
My guys come from ALL over the literal World and I just shrug and recount how I love my quiet life,as they relate the stories of elsewhere.

No thanks...............

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
One of my guys is good pards,with the dude who got munched off lease. To his credit,the gent put his pocketknife to good use and that likely saved his life.

And the boys wonder why I mandate "Team Buys" of same.................

mkoeh475

Dec 24, 2007
Wisconcsin
Pretty boring here. Got a foster dog snd we decided to keep him. Kids are enjoying the fact that I've been working from home for 3 months and likely will be for at least that much longer. Everything is cancelled for the summer around here so we've been spending as much time in the northern part of WI as possible.

My new hobby is collecting old hand tools. It started out trying to complete sets that I inherited from my grandpa and now I am buying whatever I find for cheap.

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
My guys come from ALL over the literal World and I just shrug and recount how I love my quiet life,as they relate the stories of elsewhere.

No thanks...............
Yeah, you can call your AO paradise.......

I guess the rest of us all got more than one screw loose live'n where we are.

Maybe someone can come up with a pill to cure stupid. Oh wait we all have some, they weigh anywhere from 40grs to 750grs and make noise on the way there!

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
What kinda bullshit,are you folks having to contend? I quit watching the "news" years ago and am happily 100% out of the loop.

Nice and quiet here.................

Prowler

Nov 17, 2007
None of which I'm personally dealing with except the Covid shit with most things closed.

Let's see, the dumbass killn the scum in Minneapolis. The POS fighting 2 police officers and taking one's tazer and then one officer dusting his ass in Georgia. Then there's CHAZ in Washington state. Not to mention other cities with protests and riots.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
All Greek to me,as the Concrete Jungle goes.

Some businesses slowed down for a spell and the school kids got a long Summer. Hopefully the Fisherman don't get crushed. Log Trucks still rifling up/down roads,folks are out in boats tearing up the water and I don't know a soul who isn't working,that wants to be.

Travel for some of my guys was rough...................

Dan In Alaska

Nov 30, 2007
Anchorage
Shot the new Canik over the weekend, and it gobbled up a variety of 9mm ammo without a hitch...no malfunctions, nice sights, easy to shoot, and respectable accuracy. I have a Holosun being delivered today, so I'll get her mounted up and (hopefully) give her another rip this week.

The 10mm XDm really pitches the empties, when shooting full-bore 200gr loads. They were landing 4 benches down the firing line! Love the sights on this one, too.

I'm going to check out Last Frontier Holsters this evening, for a chest rig for the 10. Their shop is in town, so I'm interested in checking them out.

cwh

Administrator
Nov 18, 2007
Anchorage
Forgot to mention... Wolf 22lb recoil spring for the XDM will mitigate the 3:00 friendly fire and is $8.

It tested it with tame 165grain loads, and could not make it bobble. In fact, the only way to slow down the XDM I've found is to skip the part where you put powder in the case. I'd recommend against that.

Big Stick

Nov 18, 2007
Paradise
You fuckers and your distant Peer Pressure!

Tried to find a bad review of the Canik Race Bitch and couldn't. MUST be something to it and it intrigues even more.

I cain't speak to the Last Frontier Holsters,I somehow ended up with a herd of Gunfighter Inc. Kenai's and simply LOVE them.

Thus far,I just can't swoon a 10mm of any flavor....................

hangunnr

Administrator
Dec 12, 2007
Flatlandia
Picked up a couple new compact S&W Shield 9mm. Daughter wanted a easily concealed pistol and PSA had these for a little over 300 clams. Figured I just might find use for one too.......

Took mine out this morning to break it’s cherry and found it was damaged right from Smith. Missing a small piece in the dust cover.

Never noticed it when I picked it up. Not gonna bother returning it as it does shoot well and it will get beat on in the future. This is the second new Smith that I’ve had that came damaged from the factory.